OT: Canadain Firearm Buy Back Program

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: OT: Canadain Firearm Buy Back Program

Post by Boo »

This is the results from a CSSA survey that I find quite disheartening. Nearly 20% are not going to contact their premier? :wtf: Really?

RESULTS FROM LAST WEEK'S SURVEY

Will you contact your premier to ensure he/she protects your rights as a licensed gun owner?

Yes, I absolutely will contact my premier: 67.3%
No, it won't make any difference: 19.9%
I may call or write if time permits: 12.8%
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Apathy is the killer of freedom. :thumbdown:

Boo, I believe your tag line says it all....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Attached is a brief to SECU regarding the evidence behind gun bans and homicide rates, including Canadian, American, and Australian evidence

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ANzt-0zdhrptZzo&id=ED70CF83D51F31BF!108072&cid=ED70CF83D51F31BF&parId=root&parQt=sharedby&o=OneUp

Recommendations and Insights

It is important that references to the research are accurate. Accurate reference to research ensures that Committee members may make the best possible decisions.

There is no strong evidence that firearm bans will save lives in Canada. On the contrary, the overwhelming body of relevant research indicates that proposed firearm bans would have no impact whatsoever on preventable deaths in Canada, whether by homicide or suicide.

The Committee is better served by examining alternative measures to achieve a reduction in deaths, including addressing the demand-side components of violent crime. The massive expenditure associated with such bans, and the time spent studying them, would be better directed toward these measures if homicide and suicide reductions are the goals of Committee. A previous discussion of potential methods has been addressed in prior submissions to the Committee.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Privy Council Office research questions new handgun sales ban

Banning new handgun sales won’t necessarily lessen crime.

So says in-house research by the Privy Council Office, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.

“All participants believed combating gun smuggling and trafficking to be an important priority for the federal government to focus on.
Many viewed illegally sourced firearms as the greatest contributor to gun crime in Canada at present.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/privy-council-office-research-questions-new-handgun-sales-ban
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
bdog

Post by bdog »

Boo wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:48 pm
This is the results from a CSSA survey that I find quite disheartening. Nearly 20% are not going to contact their premier? :wtf: Really?

Will you contact your premier to ensure he/she protects your rights as a licensed gun owner?

I cant believe how many firearms owners Ive talked to about what is happening, they dont belong to any organization(ofah, ccfr, cssa, nra)and they are totally clueless to what is going to go down
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Boo

Post by Boo »

bdog wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:55 am
Boo wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:48 pm

I cant believe how many firearms owners Ive talked to about what is happening, they dont belong to any organization(ofah, ccfr, cssa, nra)and they are totally clueless to what is going to go down
Truly self destructive. Unbelievable! I expect that they think it's going to take care of itself. :wtf:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I've been saying this since I got my PAL, we are our own worst enemy. The members of the firearms community, will be the downfall of the firearms community. And that's very sad, since we are all passionate.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

This is a bit long, but worth the time. There is some good reason for hope....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXshCNFo4Q
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

For the Conservatives' messenger on firearms, thoughtfulness is a secret weapon

OTTAWA -For Raquel Dancho, words have always come easily.

Today, Dancho is the federal Conservative Party's main voice on one of the country's most heated topics: firearms and crime.

Dancho has led the Conservatives' charge against the Liberals' Bill C-21, which seeks to ban handguns. It became a political mess for Trudeau last fall when Liberal MPs proposed an amendment that would have entrenched a definition of banned weapons that critics including First Nations chiefs warned would include popular hunting rifles. The change was withdrawn.

Dancho said that when she speaks, she wants firearms owners to feel respected -- but in a policy-focused way that will earn the trust of non-gun owners in the suburbs, and "women in particular."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/for-the-conservatives-messenger-on-firearms-thoughtfulness-is-a-secret-weapon-1.6309147
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Hunting Legend Jim Shockey is just 'misinformed,' according to 'gun experts,' Polysesouvient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdEpcYd8ri0
Boo

Post by Boo »

https://youtu.be/ucg8ioNumOk

The Global news reporter presses the unhonorable Mendicino and he fails to answer the questions and completely deflects.
Boys and girls, you have to contribute. Join a firearms advocacy group, write or email provincial premiers and both liberal and Conservative PMs! Don't sit on your butts or it will get kicked by the bad guys!
lituani

Post by lituani »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:56 pm
Progressives rely on apathy. They play the long game, achieving their objectives thru incrementalism.
lituani

Post by lituani »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:56 pm

Boo, I believe your tag line says it all....
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I see the CBC is actually being more subtle with their bias than normal in this matter.

Still a LOT of bias, still a lot of comments directly designed to encourage folks to back the government's stance though.

Ottawa's plan for guns misfired. Alberta gun cultures might help us understand why

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ottawa-alberta-gun-culture-jason-acorn-polysesouvient-1.6769875
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Here is one fellow that should be headed towards the gallows:

Trafficking ring stretched across Canada: RCMP

A member of Manitoba Finance’s special investigations unit is among more than 20 people charged in connection with an alleged drug and illegal cigarettes trafficking ring.

The RCMP probe, dubbed Project Dawgpound, began in May 2022, after Mounties intelligence analysts identified a trafficker dealing in large quantities of cocaine and other commodities operating out of Winnipeg, police said Tuesday.

At a news conference, RCMP Insp. Grant Stephen said 36-year-old Hue Ha of Winnipeg orchestrated the transport of kilograms of cocaine and large quantities of illicit cigarettes to Manitoba from Ontario.

Investigators seized large amounts of various street drugs — including cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA and fentanyl, that RCMP estimated to be worth more than $2.5 million — and 19 guns, including two pistols.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2023/03/14/trafficking-ring-stretched-across-canada-rcmp