OT: Canadain Firearm Buy Back Program

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: OT: Canadain Firearm Buy Back Program

Post by one shot scott »

I am waiting to see what our Ontario govt decides to do as well ...WAITING, WAITING WAITING
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hi5 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm
Now, if Ontario would only join in. It might not be the death of the confiscation, but it would at least help to undermine the program.
It would be nice to see Ontario join in for the sake of supporting the other provinces at least. But unfortunately at the end of the day it would only be a lip service since we do not contract the RCMP in Ontario.
I did send a letter suggesting the above, but since it actually won't cost an Ontarian a dollar to have our property removed, I can't see myself getting a response.

But like I said, it would be nice to be able as an Ontarian, to show my support for Alberta and the other provinces and territory so far.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hi5 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm
Now, if Ontario would only join in. It might not be the death of the confiscation, but it would at least help to undermine the program.
I wrote to Doug Ford, every one in Ontario should!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
adzsask

Post by adzsask »

No word from BC yet...
Micro 335 nightmare
boo string
wheely cheek rest
munch mount
norm arrows
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

janesy wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:12 am
I did send a letter suggesting the above, but since it actually won't cost an Ontarian a dollar to have our property removed, I can't see myself getting a response.
Actually it will be quite costly if your province proceeds with OPP involvement (which is part of the downloading the government is attempting here).
adzsask wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:21 am
No word from BC yet...
Unfortunately that is unlikely.
Given the provincial government's position on the matter, I do not expect them to join with the others.
Ontario? Perhaps. NWT already discussing.
Of the others I simply do not know...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐫: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐲 & 𝐂𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐉𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith spoke with reporters at the legislative building in Edmonton after her first cabinet meeting.

The premier faced questions from reporters about her legislative priorities including her proposed Alberta Sovereignty Act. Smith echoed Justice Minister Tyler Shandro's position on the Trudeau governments federal buyback plan that would see the national RCMP enforce the confiscation of Albertans legally owned property.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=813690619750097
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Trial date set in Federal Court for CCFR et al v Canada

CCFR et al vs Canada will be heard over 8 days, from April 11-20, 2023 in the federal court in Ottawa.

The 8 day hearing is not simply for CCFR v. Canada but for all 6 applications (which will all be heard together as one case). Each set of applicants will get a day to argue their cases and the Attorney General of Canada gets 2 days to respond to everyone.
janesy

Post by janesy »

IronNoggin wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:46 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:12 am
Actually it will be quite costly if your province proceeds with OPP involvement (which is part of the downloading the government is attempting here).
True Matt, however I have yet to read anywhere that the OPP will be involving themselves in this. But I also am not following it as deeply as you are. It would strike me as odd if the OPP would be directed by our conservative government to act on a federal directive, and utilize their own resource to do so.
If you've read something I haven't, please repost it for me. :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Yukon and New Brunswick says no!
https://myemail.constantcontact.com/IN-THE-NEWS-THIS-WEEK--Yukon-and-New-Brunswick-Join-Prairies-to-Tell-Feds--NO-GUN-GRAB.html?soid=1124731702303&aid=6hlGe4dYGEA

Canadian Shooting Sports Association

1-888-873-4339
Facebook ‌ Twitter ‌

TEAM CSSA eNEWS|October 18, 2022

COMMENTARY

Yukon and New Brunswick Join Prairies to Tell Feds
NO GUN GRAB

Marco Mendicino’s demand to use provincial resources to confiscate legally-possessed firearms was at the top of the agenda of the 2022 meeting of Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers Responsible for Justice and Public Safety.

At that meeting, New Brunswick joined Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba to say they would not permit provincial crime-fighting resources to be used to clean up the Liberal government’s mess.

“New Brunswick’s bottom line is this: RCMP resources are spread thin as it is,” said Public Safety Minister Kris Austin. “We have made it clear to the Government of Canada that we cannot condone any use of those limited resources, at all, in their planned buyback program.”

The four provinces also called on the federal government to ensure that no funding for the Gun and Gang Violence Action Fund or other public safety initiatives be diverted to the federal firearms confiscation program.

“Two years ago, the federal government said that using police resources would be ‘expensive and inefficient,” said Alberta Justice Minister and Solicitor General Tyler Shandro, who was referring to Bill Blair’s statements before the SECU Committee on November 25, 2020.[ii]

“It isn't my intention to have law enforcement administer that program,” said Bill Blair. “That would be a very expensive and, in my opinion, a very inefficient way to do it.”

Today, Public Safety Minister Mendicino insists it’s the only way to go, despite the obvious danger posed to public safety by removing police officers from their crime-fighting duties.

Common sense seems in extraordinarily short supply in Minister Mendicino.

“Now the federal government has resorted to using police resources to seize firearms from Canadians,” Shandro continued. “Make no mistake, the federal firearms confiscation program will cost us billions and will not improve public safety. Alberta’s government is not legally obligated to provide resources and will not do so.”

“While we fully support crime initiatives that focus on the issues related to the criminal use of illegal firearms, preventing and combatting gang violence and addressing the issue of illegal or smuggled guns in our province, we don’t support those that impact law-abiding hunters, sport shooters, ranchers, farmers and Indigenous people who use firearms for lawful and good reasons,” said Saskatchewan Corrections, Policing and Public Safety Minister Christine Tell.

“In Manitoba’s view, any buy-back program cannot further erode our scarce provincial police resources, already suffering from large vacancy rates, and away from focusing on investigation of violent crimes,” said Manitoba Justice Minister and Attorney General Kelvin Goertzen.

Yukon Rebukes Feds Plan

On October 12, 2022, the Yukon Party introduced a motion stating, “This House urges the Yukon government to ensure that territorial policing resources are not diverted to assist in the implementation of the Government of Canada’s gun ‘buy-back’ program.”

The motion passed with the support of all opposition parties. All Yukon Liberal MLAs, predictably, voted against the motion.

“The National Police Federation, which is the union representing RCMP members, has made it clear that the Trudeau government’s Order in Council prohibiting various firearms and the ‘buy-back’ program will divert police resources away from dealing with organized crime,” said Yukon Party Justice Critic Brad Cathers.[iii]

“RCMP members said the federal Liberal government’s firearms measures actually divert important personnel and resources from where they are needed most. We are happy the motion passed, and hope the territorial government will respect the will of the Yukon Legislative Assembly.”

Urge Your Provincial Government to Get On Board

If you live in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba or New Brunswick, write your premier and ministers responsible to thank them for standing up for you against a federal government that cares only about its own vacuous virtue-signalling.

In all other provinces, please consider using these points when you write to your premier:

The May 1, 2020, gun ban by Order in Council did nothing to make Canadians safer.
Confiscating firearms from licensed owners has no rational connection to any public safety goals, nor will it prevent a single criminal from obtaining an illegally smuggled gun.
There is no evidence or public safety principle to support these actions.
Their proposed confiscations are a disturbing use of billions of tax dollars for zero gain in public safety.
Ottawa had no plan when they announced their virtue-signalling gun ban, and they have no plan today to confiscate your private property.
Do not permit Justin Trudeau’s federal government to offload their misguided polices onto the backs of provincial taxpayers.
Do not permit Ottawa to force your provincial taxpayers to pay for its failures.
Join Alberta Justice Minister Tyler Shandro, Saskatchewan Minister of Public Safety Christine Tell, Manitoba Justice Minister Kelvin Goertzen, and New Brunswick Public Safety Minister Kris Austin and oppose Ottawa’s overreach and, in so doing, support and defend all firearm owners in your province.

In British Columbia, write Premier John Horgan at [email protected] and encourage him to join Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba’s lead and refuse to use provincial policing resources for Justin Trudeau’s gun confiscations.

In Quebec, write Premier François Legault at [email protected] and encourage him to join Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba’s lead and refuse to allow Sûreté du Québec resources to be diverted from criminal investigations to another Ottawa gun grab.

In Nova Scotia, write Premier Tim Houston at [email protected] and remind him that provincial policing resources are paid for with your tax dollars and should not be diverted away from the very real job of protecting public safety to Justin Trudeau’s vanity project, his virtue-signalling gun ban that will not stop a single violent criminal from committing evil.

In Prince Edward Island, write Premier Dennis King at [email protected] and ask him to stand up to Ottawa’s latest edict. Remind him provincial resources should never be stripped away from public safety to satisfy the whims of an out-of-touch Prime Minister.

In Newfoundland and Labrador, write Premier Andrew Furey at [email protected] and encourage him to join Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba’s lead and refuse to allow provincial policing resources to be stripped from active crime fighting investigations and redirected to confiscating guns from licensed gun owners because Justin Trudeau lost his progressive crown to gun-banning Jacinda Ardern in 2019.

Lastly, in Ontario, it’s time for Doug Ford to act.

We urge Ontario residents to contact the Hon. Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario, and politely encourage him to refuse to assist Ottawa’s gun confiscation efforts.

Premier Doug Ford
Legislative Building
Queen's Park
Toronto ON M7A 1A1
Phone: 416-325-1941
Email: [email protected]
www.ontario.ca/page/premier
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Regina police chief says many questions still unanswered about federal gun buyback

By around this time next year, the Canadian government plans to be implementing its ban on all assault-style firearms.

In order to get those guns off the streets, the government wants to buy the weapons back from their owners.

Currently, there is an amnesty period in place until Oct. 30, 2023.

An amnesty period is designed to protect individuals and businesses who, at the time the prohibition came into force, were in lawful possession of a newly prohibited firearm from criminal liability while they take steps to comply with the law.

Regina Police Service Chief Evan Bray is helping chair a firearms committee with the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police.

Speaking to Gormley on Wednesday, Bray said it was unlikely the feds will be able to get everything in place to buy back the guns by Oct. 30 next year.

“I was just informed on a call the other day that it is (more like) 2,000 styles of firearms that are going to be included in this ban. That in and of itself gets very complicated because you’re looking at characteristics of the firearms,” Bray said.

“I think it’s very safe to say we’re a long ways from rolling this out. I know they say they want to have this wrapped up by the end of October 2023, (but) I just don’t see that happening. They still don’t really have a plan about how this is going to roll out.”

https://panow.com/2022/10/19/regina-police-chief-says-many-questions-still-unanswered-about-federal-gun-buyback/
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mendicino Quote
“Canada’s National Handgun Freeze takes effect today!” Marco Mendicino, who is overseeing Trudeau’s suppression of gun users, said on Twitter. “It is now illegal to buy, sell or transfer a handgun anywhere in Canada.”
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Recording of RCMP meeting that sparked political interference allegations released

Commissioner Brenda Lucki says request to release gun info came from office of public safety minister

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/recording-rcmp-phone-meeting-political-interference-allegations-1.6623287
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Trudeau Has Officially Killed Canada’s Legal Handgun Market

“From today forward, it is no longer legal to buy, sell, or transfer a handgun in Canada,” Trudeau said at a briefing near Vancouver.

https://thegunblog.ca/2022/10/21/trudeau-has-officially-killed-canadas-legal-handgun-market/
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

And with that announcement begins the confiscation without compensation of handguns in Canada.

When a handgun owner dies, the handguns will now be confiscated for zero compensation.

This only effects legal owners of course.

Criminals will carry on as they always have.

Sad day when they can simply seize your valuable property based on a whim.

Nog
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads