Limb Dampeners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rab1951

Limb Dampeners

Post by rab1951 »

For those that are using the Excal limb dampeners how are you keeping them in place? Double sided tape, super glue, etc. Im having a problem with them moving toward the limb tips. After 4-5 shots I have to push them back toward the riser. I have them placed about 3" from the air brake pads. Thanks for the info.
Suppressor 400 TD
16.5" Zombie Slayer
110gr brass insert
50gr screw in weight
Blazer vanes with right helical
100 grain head
Approx 450gr total
Boo

Re: Limb Dampeners

Post by Boo »

I put mine about an inch from the pads. They are heavy enough to eat too much speed when they are on part of the limb that moves much.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rab1951

Post by rab1951 »

Thank you. I'll try moving them closer to the riser
Suppressor 400 TD
16.5" Zombie Slayer
110gr brass insert
50gr screw in weight
Blazer vanes with right helical
100 grain head
Approx 450gr total
Lonewolf McQuade

Post by Lonewolf McQuade »

Boo wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:19 am
I put mine about an inch from the pads. They are heavy enough to eat too much speed when they are on part of the limb that moves much.
How much speed loss you think occurs just having them installed?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Depends on where you put them. I don’t think I lose any speed.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

If you don't lose speed, then you have them up where the limb isn't moving much. Simple physics. But do they do much dampening at that point?

As I've said on here many times my approach is to not add things that cost me speed with no return ( limb dampeners, string silecers, etc etc). A heavy arrow also quiets the bow and returns more momentum which is a positive for penetration.

If you are so inclined, things like wrapping the stirrup, adding foam to the rail, covering the arrow retainer might have some quieting effect and they won't cost you speed.

I'm not so inclined as to me a crossbow is loud no matter what you do. The deer I kill don't seem to notice the noise either. 8)
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

nchunterkw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:58 am
If you don't lose speed, then you have them up where the limb isn't moving much. Simple physics. But do they do much dampening at that point?

As I've said on here many times my approach is to not add things that cost me speed with no return ( limb dampeners, string silecers, etc etc). A heavy arrow also quiets the bow and returns more momentum which is a positive for penetration.

If you are so inclined, things like wrapping the stirrup, adding foam to the rail, covering the arrow retainer might have some quieting effect and they won't cost you speed.

I'm not so inclined as to me a crossbow is loud no matter what you do. The deer I kill don't seem to notice the noise either. 8)
Same for me!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!