Ceasefire Trigger units and new external crank for older Excals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hatchet

Re: Ceasefire Trigger units and new external crank for older Excals

Post by Hatchet »

After all the 8 track talk earlier I thought it read phonographic.
😁
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 am
janesy wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:27 pm
I've never had one fail to go on. Last year I was doing some shooting for another manufacturer from 20 to 100 yards and I was using flats and moon nocks. Did you get them from me?
wheelsquad wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:39 am
I cant say Ive ever had one not light up. That part is good. And target shooting thet always work fine. It seems with me its 50/50 whether or not they stay lite after a passthough. If had deer and bear both with the arrow lodged in the ground lit up, but also not lit up at all. Turkey, of the 3 arrows Ive shot at ground level none stayed illuminated.

One of which that did not light up was one of the moon nocks you gave me Don. That was on 2021 bear, but the arrow did hit the arm bone on exit and was found laying inyact with the luminock off.

I find them a very useful tool in watcging or filming for impact, but finding the arrow after the fact has not been the case for me.

Trimmed, new style, old style, it doesnt seem to make a difference. But I very much prefer the newest style
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Could be when they hit something hard they back out and turn off. Al mine stuck in trees do that for sure. I'm on the ground mostly so I don't stick too many in the dirt, but that hard stop could definitely shut them off.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm
AJ01 wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:43 am
I've had good success with the Lumenoks. Not so other types. The Pink Lumenoks seem to glow brighter than the other colors, or maybe it's just my eyesight! :thumbup:
Probably your eyesight. The orange nocks are the only ones with the HD designation.
Thanks Boo...I needed that nudge toward old age!! :lol: :lol:
β€œLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I've had good success with the Lumenoks. Not so other types. The Pink Lumenoks seem to glow brighter than the other colors, or maybe it's just my eyesight! :thumbup:
Probably your eyesight. The orange nocks are the only ones with the HD designation.
Don, AJ just likes PANK!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I wonder when Lumenok will get on board selling the rhino nock version without them being attached to arrows? :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:09 pm
Not only that but it goes with the yeller and purple bow string I got from Don and the purple and yeller fletched arrows I got from Norman! :mrgreen:

And as for you Paul, I got one that lives in Dallas and one that lives in Frisco. I KNOW how to make it over to Fort Worth!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
β€œLife should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:22 pm
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Not only that but it goes with the yeller and purple bow string I got from Don and the purple and yeller fletched arrows I got from Norman! :mrgreen:

And as for you Paul, I got one that lives in Dallas and one that lives in Frisco. I KNOW how to make it over to Fort Worth!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on, I’ll buy the coffee!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Next time I'm headed that way, I'll let ya know!! :thumbup:
flightattendant100

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:46 pm
Would love to meet you.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:43 am
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:46 pm
Would love to meet you.
x2
I'll shoot ya a message whenever I head that way.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Just realizing now that a ceasefire trigger unit would accomplish exactly what I've been trying to achieve with my steambow setup. Been shooting that a lot more lately, and the more I do, the more I'm thinking of tailoring it into something I actually hunt with.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Having not "played" with one, do the new "Cease Fire" equipped bows still have to be cocked with the safety off?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:00 am
Having not "played" with one, do the new "Cease Fire" equipped bows still have to be cocked with the safety off?
Yep!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:46 am
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:00 am
Yep!
Thanks for the info!! :thumbup: