Just three more...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Just three more...

Post by DuckHunt »

Just three more yard mowings until deer season! :lol:

I woke up to an amazing 59°F outside this morning. Today is prep day. I'll be securing all of my stands that I intentionally loosen after the season, replacing straps, mowing trails, placing safety ropes, trimming shooting lanes and installing pull-up ropes.

If I'm not totally pooped after all that, I'll toss something on the grill while I'm sending my last few arrows downrange from each bow. By the end of this weekend, all quivers will be full of what they'll be carrying into the season and I'll be 100% ready for opening day. Oddly enough, I really look forward to this day each year.

Ya'll be safe out there prepping for the season, especially if you're still dealing with the recent heat. Wear a safety harness!
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
AJ01

Re: Just three more...

Post by AJ01 »

I rolled out of bed around 6:30am today. I was treated to a "Cold Front". It was only 80 degrees!! :lol:
Been too hot to do most anything. Got a notice from the "powers that be" to curtail outside watering due to drought. :eusa-naughty:
So...I turn off the sprinkler system...
"The Boss" says ..."the grass will die". I say... "Yeppers, and I won't have to mow"!! :lol:

Been "sneaking" a water tote out to water the Deer at the place closest to the house since I never got around to expanding the water source on that particular place. Once more that's my personal fault. It's on the top of my To Do List for when season ends!! :thumbup:

Season opens here October 1st. To say it's been dry is an understatement! I can't recall it being this dry in well over a two decade. Most small ponds are now just mud wallows for the Hogs. And the small creeks stopped running months ago.
"The Boss" and I went yesterday out looking things over. It's DRY!!

My neighbor has a large pond behind his cabin that he stocked for his grandkids to fish in when they come to "The Farm". :D He told me the water is so oxygen depleted the catfish are gasping on the surface for air. :wtf: :mrgreen:

We NEED rain!!! I'm just afraid we are going to get it all at one time!! :roll:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

We went from unbearably hot to abnormally cool and now its hot again... but bearable. I've been getting out to shoot a little each day and getting bows ready for me, my wife, and youngest daughter. My adult son and daughter are working full time and it looks like they will sit this season out. Ive still got a few more years of youth deer day with my youngest and I wouldn't trade one of those days for a million bucks. Making preparations for the season is a good time.
Be safe out there and like Duckhunt mentioned, wear a harness!
Take care
Corey
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

1 month from today here in WI. My bow is sighted in and ready to go.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

September 1 we can put up stands where we are bow hunting. Still looking for a good lease! :eusa-violin:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Dan, do you ever watch "The hunting public" on you tube? They hunted public land in Indiana and had good results.Check it out.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
janesy

Post by janesy »

Riflemanz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:36 am
Dan, do you ever watch "The hunting public" on you tube? They hunted public land in Indiana and had good results.Check it out.
Great crew.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:54 am
Riflemanz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:36 am
Great crew.
Yes, they are!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!