Hunting Blunders. Asking for a friend.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Hunting Blunders. Asking for a friend.

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:08 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:31 am
OKAY... :eusa-doh:

Today...opening morning, right? :thumbup: October 1st.
Packed my gear for the short road trip last night. :think:

Hit the road this morning way before sunrise, got to the lease, and got ready. :eusa-naughty:
Walked to the stand, climbed up and made myself comfortable in THE DARK. :eusa-whistle:
When the sun began to creep up into the sky, I diligently began to scan the forest for woodland creatures... :eusa-pray:

Finally dropping my Binos back into their case, I look down at my broadhead and suddenly realize I do NOT have a broadhead, but a PRACTICE head attached to my arrow!! :wtf: :eusa-doh:
I slowly move to pull my quiver out of my backpack, ONLY to find ALL that I have is PRACTICE HEADS!!! :oops: :? :crazy: :eusa-naughty:

Needless to say, I slithered down out of the tree licking my wounded ego. Back to the truck for that horrible ride back to the house where I could hear those immortal words... "You forgot what :lol: :lol: ?" uttered by "The Boss" who will NEVER let me live this down!! :eusa-snooty:

So YES... IT Happens!!
Bahahaha! Classic! I know a TOTA guy, maybe he can help you out :lol:
Thanks Chris....glad you had a good chuckle at my expense!! :eusa-doh: :mrgreen: :lol:

You cannot make this stuff up!! Where I'm from they call that "sh8t for brains"!!! :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Lol thats good but an honest error at least you didn't see a monster.
One time l drove to hunting an hour away without my bow...it happens
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:03 pm
Does that mean your sh8t for brains
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You guys are terrible....Some one has to go hunting and be made to feel better....
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/Hr3TpJ64]Image
Sporting my frogs toggs (old man bucket hat ) nothing anyone says can make me feel like a looser ...so far the rains holding out....this new hat has good luck practically on it. But not written in it it says china on the tag.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

This is not hunting but fishing... We have some good friends that have a farm east of Tulsa, OK. We go up and see them a couple of times a year. The farm used to be a sod farm and was irrigated. There are 5 large ponds on the place that they irrigated out of (largest is just under 10 acres).The ponds are loaded with bass and crappie. We have much fun with the fish! Last spring we were getting ready to go up there, so I was getting my stuff ready and in a "pile" so I wouldnt forget anything. Well Colton had gotten a cat from his girlfriend a while before this, and one morning I was on the computer before work and the cat was in that room with me. I had fishing rods leaned up in a corner. I heard something make noise and as I turned the fishing rods fell over and cat ran out of the room....But he ran REALLY funny. I found him under the dining table with a lure hooked on a front paw and on his belly. One hook from each treble hook was buried way past the barb. Its not quite 6:00 am.,I am only one up and I need to go to work. So I wake Colton up, Gave him some cash and told him what was going on. He took Cat to Vet, $160 later we have a cat that is hook free. After this I took all my rods and put them out in the garage so the cat would leave them alone. We got up the morning that we were leaving for Oklahoma and I loaded all my stuff that I had piled in Dining room into the truck. Then got all the coolers and groceries, and the clothes. We were crossing the Red River and I thought.... Rods are still in garage. I got the tackle boxes because they were still in dining Room, but never even thought about going into the garage to get rods. Rather embarrassed, I explained what I had done and My friend scrounged up enough for me to fish. Since this is a get together with old friends thing where we all razz each other pretty hard, I had given them much new ammo. Ooooppps

P.S. I only thought about this because we are going up there next weekend and talking on the phone last night he reminded me NOT to forget my rods AGAIN. Its still going on. Wont live long enough for it to ever go away. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

papabear1 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:29 pm
longbow joe wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:03 pm
Does that mean your sh8t for brains
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dave most of the time that WOULD be me!! :lol: :lol:

"The Boss" says it's like being married to a "sitcom". :mrgreen:

"To err is human... to forgive or forget....NOT so much!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:58 pm
[url=https://postimg.cc/Hr3TpJ64]Image
Sporting my frogs toggs (old man bucket hat ) nothing anyone says can make me feel like a looser ...so far the rains holding out....this new hat has good luck practically on it. But not written in it it says china on the tag.
Joe one of the best bucks I ever killed was during a day in which it had been a cold drizzling rain all day. When I told folks I was going hunting, they looked at me like I had 3 heads. About 30 minutes before sunset, I plugged a nice 8 point from a ground blind. Rain, sleet, snow or heat don't really matter, a deer still has to eat several times a day. and they will get up to do so!!

Go Get "Em!! :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:33 pm
:
Thanks Chris....glad you had a good chuckle at my expense!! :eusa-doh: :mrgreen: :lol:

You cannot make this stuff up!! Where I'm from they call that "sh8t for brains"!!! :mrgreen:
Andy I'm just glad I started thread, here I thought I was just a secret bumbling idiot amungst the company of master outdoors folk! :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:20 am
AJ01 wrote:
:

Andy I'm just glad I started thread, here I thought I was just a secret bumbling idiot amungst the company of master outdoors folk! :lol:
Chris, you ARE FAR FROM ALONE!! :lol: :lol:

64 years young headed toward 65 (at a rapid pace I might add), has taught me to NEVER take things for granted. Just about the time you think you have things figured out life lets you know in uncertain terms, you have NOT a clue and that you actually ain't in charge of jack!! :wtf: :lol: :shock:

There used to be a column in Reader's Digest (once more showing my age), that was called "Laughter is the Best Medicine". That's so true! If you cannot laugh at yourself, how dare you or can you, laugh at other's mistakes. I think once we learn to laugh at ourselves, life becomes much more enjoyable!

I too am glad you started this thread!! In today's world, we all need a good laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:35 pm
janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:20 am
AJ01 wrote:
:

Chris, you ARE FAR FROM ALONE!! :lol: :lol:

64 years young headed toward 65 (at a rapid pace I might add), has taught me to NEVER take things for granted. Just about the time you think you have things figured out life lets you know in uncertain terms, you have NOT a clue and that you actually ain't in charge of jack!! :wtf: :lol: :shock:

There used to be a column in Reader's Digest (once more showing my age), that was called "Laughter is the Best Medicine". That's so true! If you cannot laugh at yourself, how dare you or can you, laugh at other's mistakes. I think once we learn to laugh at ourselves, life becomes much more enjoyable!

I too am glad you started this thread!! In today's world, we all need a good laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I laugh at myself all the time, and i think my wife laughs at me more than i do, :(
i like that my wife has something to laugh at.... :eusa-shifty:
it makes me feel needed :lol: :lol:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do