New KUIU PROXIMITY Whitetail series clothing sells out

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

New KUIU PROXIMITY Whitetail series clothing sells out

Post by Normous »

KUIU clothing has certainly caught my attention in the last year offering high tech fabrics with excellent weight to warmth and high performance hunting clothing. Mainly designed for the Mountain hunter, KUIU has a strong following established over many years in the business.

Never found in any stores, only direct purchases can be made. The way I see it , the high dealer/storefront markups are eliminated . For example, the high Sitka prices are not for my wallet. KUIU is still expensive but not up there like Sitka found in many higher end outdoor stores.

Being an Inner Circle KUIU member allows me to see pre releases before going public and last week was given a preview of the Proximity Whitetail series . Last Saturday we made the 1.5 hr trek to Imlay Michigan to check out the KUIU Roadshow crew and clothing.

The Rep and I hit it off immediately talking about whitetail hunting and clothing . The new Proximity series was 2 years in development with many pre production samples tested to get it right. He also expected the VALO pattern to sell fast, he mentioned.

Proximity went up yesterday of the KUIU site and pretty much sold out in 1.5 days in VALO pattern. They had 500 Jackets and 500 Pants sold in less than two days.

It boggles my mind that KUIU sold this many units this fast in VALO pattern. Other KUIU camo patterns are still in stock I see.

Inner Circle members had first crack on buyers day on this past Tuesday before going public, noting I also have a $100 rewards voucher with my name on it looking lonely.

My tracking number shows it landing tomorrow :D

https://www.kuiu.com/pages/silence-is-in-the-stitching

Check out the two videos in the link above.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Ontario Savage

Re: New KUIU PROXIMITY Whitetail series clothing sells out

Post by Ontario Savage »

Love it
Deciding between kuiu, first lite or Sitka for a real warm jacket…would love to try them all and compare but hard to do with these mostly sold online and not in store…
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Quality clothing is a game changer. If your comfortable in sub zero Windy weather you will stay out longer and have a better chance to catch up with Mr big!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:38 am
Quality clothing is a game changer. If your comfortable in sub zero Windy weather you will stay out longer and have a better chance to catch up with Mr big!
I agree 100 percent I got Sitka bibs a few years ago and I’m literally super comfortable on all day sits in real cold weather..now looking to find a quality jacket in the same caliber
Normous

Post by Normous »

The matching Sitka jacket is probably your best bet OS.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I am a huge fan of KUIU gear and use it most of the time but for stand hunting whitetails in extreme cold weather I have found that nothing beats the First Lite Sanctuary Jacket and bib pants. In extreme cold it's bullet proof.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Normous

Post by Normous »

I hunted last weekend wearing the KUIU Insulated Proximity pant and jacket in 46 to 50 degree weather with moderate to high winds.
Jacket was $299 usd and Pant was $259 usd.

The first thing I noticed was how quiet this fabric is. Hands down the quietest that I have ever owned and used. Next to skin comfort is next to none.

Sewing quality and finish is excellent , no loose threads. The pocket placement , size and zipper quality is excellent. Each leg has 2 zipped compartments and excellent slash pockets. The pant also feature full length leg zippers on good quality. It was welcome not to overheat on my long walk in with the legs zipped to the knees. No long johns used , this high back pant features a well thought out mapped insulation.

The jacket has 2 zipped chest pockets and 2 lower side zipped pockets generously sized. The 2 inside drop pockets are huge, a plus!
With a light base layer up top I was unaffected by the chilly wind at good speeds. During all sits I left the underarm pit zips open because I enjoyed the
ventilation.

I report not feeling chilled due to the high wind conditions wearing only a light Marino base layer above waist.

The Proximity series is designed to be layered with room underneath to hunt below Zero comfortable the way I see it. The removable hood is cut excellent to enhance side vision without blockage.

At 6'4" and 212 lb the XXL jacket fits me perfect . Went with 38 waist on the pant. The advertised 33" inseam had me concerned but I found it to be actual 34 to 35" inseam depending one how you adjust the suspenders.

The warmth to weight ratio is excellent I might add. Being two years in development sure paid off . KUIU nailed it .
The Proximity series is the best whitetail hunting clothing I have ever owned.

When it gets cold I'm pulling out the 850 fill lightweight Super Down jacket and pleased I for sure won't look and feel like the Michelin Man with restricted movement.

Compared to some of the other high end priced brands out there ( think Sitka), I think the Proximity Jacket and Pants reflects a very good value and I don't hesitate to suggest KUIU apparel.

EDIT: I might add the KUIU ATTACK pant is the best fitting and comfortable pant I own , its offered in many solid and camo colors.
One in Valo camo used for hunting and the other in Gunmetal grey for daily wear around here. The zipped side mesh vents are unique , tasteful design and in function. The pocket layout is very well thought out and secure. I'm looking at buying my 3rd pair soon, maybe a 4th :)
Matrix 355
Boo Strings