Which "another" crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lituani

Which "another" crossbow

Post by lituani »

Read somewhere Excalibur recently redesigned the limbs for one of their models - was it Micro series?

If so, which updated Micro should I be looking for with the unicorn limbs which will never break :lol:

My stable current consists of two exo limbs, three matrix, and gotta start a new family. SHould it be micro, or something betterer?
DuckHunt

Re: Which "another" crossbow

Post by DuckHunt »

They'll never make a limb that we hunters can't find a way to break. We're resourceful. :lol:

Starting with the Micro Suppressor 400 TD and following with the Micro 380, they added some newer limbs. These are significantly beefier with redesigned tips. The 400 TD really stretches the limbs back and harnesses a ridiculous amount of power. You can only cock it with a crank.

IMO, the Micro 380 is as good as it gets. You get the heavier limbs of the 400 TD, but you can still rope cock it. Though your mileage may vary because it is a serious tug. It's not an all day target bow unless your Hercules. With the Micro 380 also comes the new Ceasefire trigger which is excellent and provides an improved anti-dryfire. It's also worth mentioning that the Micro 380 is a pound lighter.

It's the only one I've taken to the woods this season.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

lituani wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:43 pm
Read somewhere Excalibur recently redesigned the limbs for one of their models - was it Micro series?

If so, which updated Micro should I be looking for with the unicorn limbs which will never break :lol:

My stable current consists of two exo limbs, three matrix, and gotta start a new family. SHould it be micro, or something betterer?
All of the Micro limbs were redesigned back around 2018/19 and designated CRT. The manufacturing, final forming and finishing was completely updated over the previous manufacturing process to eliminate broken stands and stress points of the older limbs. The end result is a limb constructed with each stand running the length of the limb, that does not get ground or final shaped. This not only increased the durability of the limb, but also the consistency across the batch of limbs.

It's pretty safe to say that most(but not all) limb failures from a CRT limbed crossbow are user related and not due to manufacturing.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:07 pm
lituani wrote:

All of the Micro limbs were redesigned back around 2018/19 and designated CRT. The manufacturing, final forming and finishing was completely updated over the previous manufacturing process to eliminate broken stands and stress points of the older limbs. The end result is a limb constructed with each stand running the length of the limb, that does not get ground or final shaped. This not only increased the durability of the limb, but also the consistency across the batch of limbs.

It's pretty safe to say that most(but not all) limb failures from a CRT limbed crossbow are user related and not due to manufacturing.
Chris, may be I'm a duffus but your post isn't total clear to me. So I apologize in advance if it's me :roll:
There are new limbs for the Micros. There is the new 380 Micro as well as the 400 Suppressor and 400 Micro Assassin, all of which use the new High Output limbs with the continuous glass fibers. The other older models, including the currently sold Mag 340, Magair and 340 TD are all using the older limbs. However, those limbs were updated a few years ago. Basically, Excalibur modified the old mold to increase the thickness of the limb where they sit in the riser. That takes care of any limb folding issues.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:30 am
janesy wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:07 pm
lituani wrote:

Chris, may be I'm a duffus but your post isn't total clear to me. So I apologize in advance if it's me :roll:
There are new limbs for the Micros. There is the new 380 Micro as well as the 400 Suppressor and 400 Micro Assassin, all of which use the new High Output limbs with the continuous glass fibers. The other older models, including the currently sold Mag 340, Magair and 340 TD are all using the older limbs. However, those limbs were updated a few years ago. Basically, Excalibur modified the old mold to increase the thickness of the limb where they sit in the riser. That takes care of any limb folding issues.
Don you've just clarified what I was saying, whenever the axe came out was the year they updated the Micro limbs and started calling them CRT.

I didn't bring up the HO limbs as they are relatively model specific.

I suppose when I re read the original post he may have been referring to the HO limbs. Since the latest generation of the OP's bows there have been 2 significant updates to the Micro limbs, CRT and HO(mag tip) All but eliminating any issues, in my opinion anyways.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme