Blood tracking lights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Blood tracking lights

Post by one shot scott »

It was pretty fresh, but good point, i will have to try with some dry blood too. I wouldn't expect it to show as well though
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:51 pm
I didn't pull the trigger Don. Two hunting buddies that were with me connected. After a couple of hard years where weather wouldn't cooperate i consider that a win! X2 :thumbup:

Hi5: i think all that you see as red is blood, the black is shadow, it looks like a lot since the cam is pretty close to the ground and i was in a rush to snap a pic since we just found the bear ten yards away, and those are some small cedar leaves. "red" leaves i think would show as purple? but i can try my best to get a pic at some point with just a single drop of blood

& the shot placement was a good one! :wink:
Congratulations Buddy! I believe a story and some pictures are in order! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes, where is the story and pics Mr. One Shot. :wave:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

lol, would love to, but it aint my story to tell!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I tried a few different "blood lights" l hunt 90% nights do a lot of night recoverys .l have come to the conclusion that the combined use of my led light hat and the strongest led spotlight l can get is best for me.
To me wacking one with any quality giant expandable broadhead and watching them go down in 25 yards makes the "blood lights" just extra weight in your pack.
I don't miss tracking deer on my hands and knees with toilet paper havnt done that in years...only for friends that either can't shoot or like making 1 1/8 holes in their deer with micro fixed blades.
I have a friend that l like very much but he honestly is a really sucky shot with bow /crossbow and gun.
Since he started using a large expandable he uses a swhacker or excalibur trailblazer his recovery rate soared ...dont get me wrong he is still a crappy shot but the more blood loss just upped the success making me help with only dragging and not being out all night looking for an alive deer with a tiny wound.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.