Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Homemade scent killer

Post by Boo »

BrotherRon wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 pm
Boo wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:41 pm
I’ve read that most human scent comes from your breath and your head. Where I hunt, deer can come to my kill plot from any direction. So if the wind takes my scent from my box blind to a certain direction, I just don’t pay attention to that direction. It works for me.
Last year I thought I would keep a piece of candy in my mouth to cover up any bad breath. The candy I chose was Anise from a local Amish store because I heard it was a smell that attracts deer..
I had two bucks come in with their nose in the air trying to find where the smell was coming from an picked me out from 40 yards away. :oops:
Perhaps I should stuff a box of baking soda in my mouth this year. :lol:
Apparently, they detect components of a smell. So if your human breath is mixed with anise, they will smell both. In reality, they smell components of your breath and the components of the candy. I know a guy who is a chain smoker who smokes while he hunts and he does very well. It is one thing for the deer to smell, the question is, what do they do with that info? I think a deer who has never been around humans may be more curious that the ones that have been bumped repeatedly.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Robinsons Rebel

Re: Homemade scent killer

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Never heard of using vodka. Interesting....
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"