Micro 380 issue's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbuckfisher

Micro 380 issue's

Post by bigbuckfisher »

Hey guys wondering if anyone else is having issues with the new 380 Micro s . The scope #'s only illuminate upto the 60 pin and the stick on silence pads blew off with in 10 shots . Is that normal with the scope ?
Boo

Re: Micro 380 issue's

Post by Boo »

My Tactzone 100 lights up to and including the 100 yard pin. I'm not suggesting what you should do but personally, I wouldn't worry about it too because it not likely that I'll be shooting anything at that distance, especially when I need the light and that I'd deal with it after hunting season if at all.
After having 2 bows with the silencer pads at the limb tips come flying off, I gave up on them. I figure that no amount of silencing is going to help me get a deer so why give up the arrow speed and energy?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigbuckfisher

Post by bigbuckfisher »

Thanks for the reply . Ya this Micro 380 is 3 days old . Kinda disappointing. Why would the use stick on silence pads 🤦 and ya I figured all.the #'s should be illuminated
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

X2 to everything Boo said.

If the non-lighting reticles really bother you, Excal will surely take care of it under warranty. You definitely got a defective scope. Though far better to have the ones lighting that you do, instead of the inverse.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Maybe I misread it, but your TACT100's numbers illuminate? I have three of them and the numbers don't illuminate on any of them. Only the aiming points illuminate on mine. The aiming points beyond 60 yards are quite small. They're only a tiny dot at extended ranges. You have to have to good background to be able to see the smallest ones.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I wouldn’t want to clutter up my FOV with illuminated numbers and if you’re shooting at an animal beyond 60y in poor enough conditions to merit illumination, you probably shouldn’t take that shot. I don’t use silencing add-ons to my bows. If you want to tame the twang, go to a Flemish string.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbuckfisher wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:38 pm
Hey guys wondering if anyone else is having issues with the new 380 Micro s . The scope #'s only illuminate upto the 60 pin and the stick on silence pads blew off with in 10 shots . Is that normal with the scope ?
The bare bones answer to your comment is that both of those are warranty items, and Excalibur will resolve both issue quickly. Contact them sooner than later should you decide to process. However, with hunting season all but on top of us, I personally would hold off until January and replace the scope through warranty then.

I'm also in the camp of no silencing. I've shot bows at shows with the pads, but I've never owned a bow with them installed. And certainly would not go through any effort to reinstall them.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme

Post by newbie »

This^ .

One if my bows came with all that silencing stuff. I never put itbon and just tossed them in the trash.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!