Re: 4 doe weekend - 3 on Tactacam

Post by ODH »

Congrats, on all! :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:58 pm
Thanks guys... Yep, big head start on the venison.

Couldn't believe how much that 2nd one my bro shot launched over that water hole. Self-filming cameras have come a long ways in recent years.
Nice footage and hunts Tyler .

What tactacam is he using?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 am
wheelsquad wrote:

Couldn't believe how much that 2nd one my bro shot launched over that water hole. Self-filming cameras have come a long ways in recent years.

Solo Xtreme. The image quality is on par with the 5.0, but Image Stabilization seems to be so much better with the SoloX. It has customizable modes too, but that currently isn't working with the ones my bro and I have. Hopefully they issue a firmware update for them soon to fix that. Price is a lot better than the 5.0 as well....picked mine up from Lancaster Archery Supply for $150. Better stop now before I sound like a Tactacam salesman. :shock:
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:05 am
janesy wrote:
wheelsquad wrote:

Solo Xtreme. The image quality is on par with the 5.0, but Image Stabilization seems to be so much better with the SoloX. It has customizable modes too, but that currently isn't working with the ones my bro and I have. Hopefully they issue a firmware update for them soon to fix that. Price is a lot better than the 5.0 as well....picked mine up from Lancaster Archery Supply for $150. Better stop now before I sound like a Tactacam salesman. :shock:
Image stabilization really become important when you film over 1080 that's for sure. Most people shoot 4K with the higher end cam, because 2.7 requires different editing software, or at least modification to the file every time. I played with them all and the 4K does in fact look jittery over 1080... until you play it back on a 4k TV. Then it really shines. But YouTube only plays back 1080, and you have to tell it to do so. So who knows.

Either way, great footage. I like that they gave the Solo a good upgrade on options.

I had a coupon for Lancaster and a weak wallet moment, I have a 6.0 on the way. No more cell phone required in the tree stand.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:59 am
wheelsquad wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:05 am
janesy wrote:

Image stabilization really become important when you film over 1080 that's for sure. Most people shoot 4K with the higher end cam, because 2.7 requires different editing software, or at least modification to the file every time. I played with them all and the 4K does in fact look jittery over 1080... until you play it back on a 4k TV. Then it really shines. But YouTube only plays back 1080, and you have to tell it to do so. So who knows.

Either way, great footage. I like that they gave the Solo a good upgrade on options.

I had a coupon for Lancaster and a weak wallet moment, I have a 6.0 on the way. No more cell phone required in the tree stand.
I've had a week wallet moment a few times myself... lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

You’re certainly blessed with a target-rich environment! I’m envious.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

nchunter wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:46 pm
You’re certainly blessed with a target-rich environment! I’m envious.
X2! Nice hunting place!! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yo congrats to both of you for piling up some tasty tick toters
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315