Fall Color

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Fall Color

Post by Species8472 »

Pretty much peaking at my place right now. 11 am this morning from the end of my dock:

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
gerald strine

Re: Fall Color

Post by gerald strine »

Beautiful !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Beautiful!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

That's one of the things I envy about you guys "up north". You actually have 4 seasons.
Down here we have 2, summer and winter!! :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:27 am
That's one of the things I envy about you guys "up north". You actually have 4 seasons.
Nawwww, we have 2 days of spring and 2 days of fall every year!😂😂😂
But the colors do kinda go from green to brown.☹️
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:07 am
AJ01 wrote:
Nawwww, we have 2 days of spring and 2 days of fall every year!😂😂😂
But the colors do kinda go from green to brown.☹️
Paul, we have more trees here in East Texas than ya'll do around The Metroplex!! And we have those tall green ones that stay that color year round. And we have a "Yellow Season " too, I almost forgot about that. Everything turns yellow when those blasted Pine Trees put off all that dang pollen every year!! :wink: :lol: :eusa-doh:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I love all of that color. Around here that normally means the bucks are about to lose their minds. This year we're behind the curve. The grasses in the woods are browning, but very few of the trees have leaves changing. This was from yesterday evening in the rain in Northern Virginia.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

DuckHunt wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:46 pm
I love all of that color. Around here that normally means the bucks are about to lose their minds. This year we're behind the curve. The grasses in the woods are browning, but very few of the trees have leaves changing. This was from yesterday evening in the rain in Northern Virginia.
Nice looking bush. How high are you? Hard to tell from the pic but i feel like you are just about in the clouds.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I think it's about 25 feet up at the camera since I was standing up. The shooting rail is at about 23 feet. The height helps keep from being seen more than it helps with scent. The way the winds swirl here in the mountains it's a crap shoot one minute to the next.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

This isn't the greatest looking foliage around here. But its a great spot for deer so we don't complain about the color!
Take care
Corey

[url=https://postimg.cc/64q4FpTC]Image
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Going to have to try the Ghost Blind one day. I love seeing pictures of your hunting spots from a tree stand.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
….last week was peak color up here at the lake house… woke up to frost on the punkin!🎃
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:20 pm
AJ01 wrote:
….last week was peak color up here at the lake house… woke up to frost on the punkin!🎃
Anthony it's good to see you back! I hope you are enjoying yourself!! :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Peak colour here currently as well. Seems the colours a extra vibrant this year. It's nice to see
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

We got some heavy rain and wind yesterday. All the tall trees are bare. Most of the color is on the ground now. But you can see inside the treeline without much trouble. And its cooling off too.
Take care
Corey