Using Excalibur Bow Stringer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jd4223

Using Excalibur Bow Stringer

Post by jd4223 »

I put a new string on my Axiom bow (36"). Took less than a minute using bow stringer. The new string is touching the bumpers. When I used the bow stringer to take the new string off, I couldn't get the bow limbs to bend enough to take the new string off the tips of the limbs. I'm afraid of breaking the limbs if I shorten rope on the stringer. I already shortened the rope several times but still can't get the new string off the tips of limb. What am I doing wrong?
janesy

Re: Using Excalibur Bow Stringer

Post by janesy »

Go ahead and shorted the stringer by a few inches, the limbs will be fine :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Also don't be afraid to put that string on tight and let it settle to where it needs to be
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you are removing a string and shorten it just enough to install a new string, there is no way it can cause any limb damage. When it's cocked, the limbs come back much, much more. Cock the bow and pay attention to how much the limbs bend for reference.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I don't understand that the limbs come back much, much more when cocked. Why wouldn't the string come off? When changing the string, you have to bend the limbs farther than when cocking the bow, don't you? When I changed the old string, it took less than a minute because of the stretch in the string. When I put the new string on it was touching the bumpers. I wanted to take the new string back off to make an adjustment and wasn't able to bend the limbs enough to loosen the string from the limb tips. I figured since the new string was so tight, I needed to shorten the length of the bow stringer. I'm still unable to get the new string off and am afraid to shorten the bow stringer any more. I'm just going to let the string stretch from shooting it.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

My mistake. I thought you meant when cocking the bow to shoot an arrow. I'm going to just let the string stretch and not worry about it touching the bumpers. Thanks for the help.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

jd4223 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 am
My mistake. I thought you meant when cocking the bow to shoot an arrow. I'm going to just let the string stretch and not worry about it touching the bumpers. Thanks for the help.
Why not just give the string enough twists to have it off the bumpers some?
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I can't get the new string off! I'm afraid to keep shortening the rope on the bow stringer fearing I'll break the limbs on my bow. My string is brand new and supposed to measure 36" for an Axiom. I never measured the string before putting it on the bow. The old string had stretched and came off the bow in less than a minute using the bow stringer. 2 minutes after putting the new string on the bow I couldn't get it off.
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you can't get the new string off of the bow using your stringing aid, shorten the rope for the stringing aid one inch at a time until you can get it off. But before you take it off, shorten the stringing aid one more inch so that you can shorten the string and get it back on.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

If you want more of a challenge try changing a string with a ceasefire trigger. It's a real hold my beer moment lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:19 pm
If you want more of a challenge try changing a string with a ceasefire trigger. It's a real hold my beer moment lol
Use a crank and it's a snap!
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

Thanks Boo and to everyone else for their help. I 'm just going to let the string stretch for now.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Like everyone has said, you will NOT hurt or damage your limbs using the stringing aid. You are NOT gonna snap one! The "stringer" is made that way so you can adjust it.
It's kinda like the "Hokey Pokey", that it is what it's all about!! :wink:
Adjusting it helps by letting you twist the bow string so you can set the brace height where it should be to optimize your bow's performance. :thumbup:
First time I attempted to use one it about drove me crazy. Tryst me, you'll get the hang of it!! Keep trying!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I fixed it for you AJ :mrgreen:
AJ01 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:02 pm

It's kinda like the "Hokey Pokey", ♪that it is what it's all about!!♪ :eusa-whistle:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

jd4223 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:41 pm
Thanks Boo and to everyone else for their help. I 'm just going to let the string stretch for now.
That's going to make it harder to pull it back. Just shorten the aid an inch at a time until you get it. You should pop off the old one, and place the new one next to it, twist it until it is about 1/4" shorter than the one you took off.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!