Using Excalibur Bow Stringer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Using Excalibur Bow Stringer

Post by janesy »

jd4223 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 am
My mistake. I thought you meant when cocking the bow to shoot an arrow. I'm going to just let the string stretch and not worry about it touching the bumpers. Thanks for the help.
Your string cannot be touching the bumpers, you need to shorten your stringing aid to tighten up that string. Don't worry, the limbs will not get hurt by shortening the stringing aid. They will however be damaged by letting the brace height get to low.

If the string is touching the bumpers now, shorten the stringing aid, and twist that string up a good 8 twists so you are about 1/2 off the bumpers. A factory string wound tight WILL settle in to about 1/4" of the pads in a few days.

But letting it stretch while already too low is not going to solve your problem. Yes, your string will come off easier, but your string will still be to low when you go to readjust later if you do not tighten up your stringer.
Either now or later on, your going to need to shorten that stringing aid
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:54 pm
I fixed it for you AJ :mrgreen:
AJ01 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:02 pm

It's kinda like the "Hokey Pokey", ♪that it is what it's all about!!♪ :eusa-whistle:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Perhaps this will be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P103yfIWmZU
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

Yes, very helpful. Thank you. My biggest concern was shortening the rope too much causing the limbs to crack/break. I understand I have to shorten the bow string to keep the string from touching the bumpers. Thanks again for the help.
PSEWOOD

Post by PSEWOOD »

If stringing aid is longer than string how can it pull limbs back to far to cause damage to limbs? Think about it!