Mag 340

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Mag 340

Post by maine hunter »

Hey everyone!!!!😊 I know it's been forever since I've posted on here. I honestly hope to come and visit up there again, we always had such a great time with all you guys♥️♥️ Gena bought me a mag 340 for my birthday gift, i know, I'm spoiled 🤣🤣🤣 . Love the bow, was wondering what size lumenoks will fit the excalibur quills?? Or should i get different arrows for the mag?? Any response will be great, ty my friends, and again we miss you all♥️♥️
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
DuckHunt

Re: Mag 340

Post by DuckHunt »

The early Quills were made by Easton. Now they are all made by Black Eagle. Since your bow is a recent addition, you probably have ones made by Black Eagle. You can confirm it by looking at the arrows. They will have Black Eagle on the side of them. If they do, then they have an inside diameter (ID) of .300. For Lumenoks, you'll want the ones labelled GTF. That stands for Gold Tip Flat. Most of the Gold Tip crossbow arrows also have a .300 ID so these work great.

Since you'll be adding weight to the back of fairly light arrows, you'll see better performance (accuracy) if you use a heavier broadhead up front. I'd use 125gr at a minimum, but 150gr or higher would be better. If you want to use 100gr broadheads, and most do, then some custom arrows that already have heavier front inserts are a better option. In either case, a little practice with your hunting setup will confirm if you have the accuracy you need.

Enjoy the Mag 340. It's still the best deal out there in my opinion.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Awesome, ty very much 😊😊
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Gena really takes care of you ! I have Mag 340 in Kryptic raid camo ...definitely a great bow ...I am using Black eagle executioners ( Don recommended ) have the 110 grain brass inserts up front with blazers on the back ...This bow will be just Dandy for bear hunting !
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Awesome my friend 😊😊