Trouble logging in

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rab1951

Re: Trouble logging in

Post by rab1951 »

This forum has helped me a lot and played a part in my purchase of Excal bows. The members here have been great and answered many of my questions. Its a shame that it has become so difficult to log in. I believe Excal could loose potential customers over it. This is the first time Ive been able to log on in quite a while. Hope they get it fixed soon.
Suppressor 400 TD
16.5" Zombie Slayer
110gr brass insert
50gr screw in weight
Blazer vanes with right helical
100 grain head
Approx 450gr total
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:13 am
AJ01 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:55 am

How is this website a "loss leader"? :think:

A loss leader is anything a company does at a loss. Typically to promote sales, gain market share, or generally keep their customers interest.
And just playing the Devil's Advocate... :think: :lol: :lol:

BUT ... if it is nearly impossible to log on to, gain access to, or post pictures or videos on, then people lose interest and go somewhere else where this task is easily accomplished.
And if or they go somewhere else, more than likely said company has lost business with that individual, and that individual's friends, those friends friends, and the beat goes on... And that cuts into the company's bank account even more.

So...who wins in that scenario?

Do you want results only for how much money did Northrup Grumman lose in 2020?

For the year as a whole, though, Northrop did quite well. Sales grew faster than we saw in Q4 alone -- up 5% to $22.8 billion. Profits declined, but only 6% to $11.47 per diluted share. Free cash flow flatlined at $1.7 billion, and lagged reported income yet again -- but at least did not decline.

I don't think they care too much about how much it cost to host a website.

They spend more each year buying coffee for their main office staff, than on Excal's website. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, I absolutely love my Excalibur's. Won't hunt with anything else. Haven't shot an animal in years with anything but an Excalibur. And won't stop buying them or recommending them to family and friends.
But let's face it, the website sucks. If I want to post anything of importance I do so on CBN, which I pay nothing for.
Yes, they have ads, perhaps Excalibur needs to do that also. And yes, you can "upgrade" to a Premium membership for less than $20 a year. if you so desire.
That might be an option here too, BUT the website HAS to WORK!!

It CANNOT be like this one is NOW!! Folks ain't gonna buy into a busted-up project, same reason I didn't buy a Barnett. :mrgreen: :lol: :eusa-doh: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-naughty:

Not disgruntled, just dismayed. :eusa-doh:

And BTW....

Chris I hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas!! And I hope you guys have a Safe and Wonderful New Year!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
adzsask

Post by adzsask »

Keep getting logged out, but am able to log in still. Wish someone looked after and updated this site, only reason I own this brand is because of the access to all the knowledge on here.
Micro 335 nightmare
boo string
wheely cheek rest
munch mount
norm arrows
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:09 am
janesy wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:13 am
AJ01 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:55 am

How is this website a "loss leader"? :think:

A loss leader is anything a company does at a loss. Typically to promote sales, gain market share, or generally keep their customers interest.
And just playing the Devil's Advocate... :think: :lol: :lol:

BUT ... if it is nearly impossible to log on to, gain access to, or post pictures or videos on, then people lose interest and go somewhere else where this task is easily accomplished.
And if or they go somewhere else, more than likely said company has lost business with that individual, and that individual's friends, those friends friends, and the beat goes on... And that cuts into the company's bank account even more.

So...who wins in that scenario?

Do you want results only for how much money did Northrup Grumman lose in 2020?

For the year as a whole, though, Northrop did quite well. Sales grew faster than we saw in Q4 alone -- up 5% to $22.8 billion. Profits declined, but only 6% to $11.47 per diluted share. Free cash flow flatlined at $1.7 billion, and lagged reported income yet again -- but at least did not decline.

I don't think they care too much about how much it cost to host a website.

They spend more each year buying coffee for their main office staff, than on Excal's website. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, I absolutely love my Excalibur's. Won't hunt with anything else. Haven't shot an animal in years with anything but an Excalibur. And won't stop buying them or recommending them to family and friends.
But let's face it, the website sucks. If I want to post anything of importance I do so on CBN, which I pay nothing for.
Yes, they have ads, perhaps Excalibur needs to do that also. And yes, you can "upgrade" to a Premium membership for less than $20 a year. if you so desire.
That might be an option here too, BUT the website HAS to WORK!!

It CANNOT be like this one is NOW!! Folks ain't gonna buy into a busted-up project, same reason I didn't buy a Barnett. :mrgreen: :lol: :eusa-doh: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-naughty:

Not disgruntled, just dismayed. :eusa-doh:

And BTW....

Chris I hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas!! And I hope you guys have a Safe and Wonderful New Year!! :thumbup:
Thanks Andy, you too my friend, hope you got some down time with the family.

Personally, I don't disagree with anything your saying. I'd love a better website. But in all honestly, this website in mobile version is actually really good. I have a good understanding of HTML, and understand that hosting pictures is expensive.. so why do it when someone else will. I also don't have login issues on the mobile platform. So as much as I understand the frustration, I don't have it myself

But we cant forget, it was started and grown by Excalibur, a family company. Bowtech doesn't have websites like this with any other brand, we are lucky it was allowed to stay. And the same is equally to be said about any investment firm. If they even knew about this website :eusa-shhh: , I'm sure it would be on the chopping block faster that the Octostrike was.

I'm just happy it's here is all. There are no other manufacturers in nearly any industry that do this. So I'm happy to not rock the boat.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

The truth is that from the mobile it works very well for me, I have had problems only a couple of times.
The ones that you have problems is from the pc?
Assassin 400TD
Normous

Post by Normous »

PaulSpain wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:05 pm
The truth is that from the mobile it works very well for me, I have had problems only a couple of times.
The ones that you have problems is from the pc?
My pc login has been 100% over many years. But, just as you, my mobile forum login has seen a few glitches as of late, a very minor inconvenience.
A retry once or twice seems to find its way in short order.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Took me about thirty attempts to log in. What a pain in the Rrrr's. Its the first time I've been able to log in since around the beginning of December. I have a few PMs but would have to try to log in another 30 times to access them. I usually try a few times and give up.
Hope veryone is well!
Take care
Hatchet
tracer

Post by tracer »

It's working great for me now, logging in and posting. Thank you.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Yes...over the last few days the site has worked extremely well.
Hopefully it will continue to do so!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I gave up trying to log in after many many failed attempts so I didnt even try for a few months. Seems to be working much better now.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We had some issues with the forum software but our awesome I.T. guy Mark spent numerous hours rebuilding the data base to get it working again. Hopefully we will be good for a while. We are still looking at options to upgrade this forum at some point.

Thanks for everybody's patience with this.

Peter
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Thank You, Peter!! :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

That's hilarious, now I'm getting kicked out. 🤣
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

janesy wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:19 pm
Yup I was good up until about a month or so ago now I have to log in about once a week
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

mr meat wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:36 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:19 pm
Yup I was good up until about a month or so ago now I have to log in about once a week
Same here guys lol
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads