Feeling old....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Re: Feeling old....

Post by W.Miguire »

I just turned 80 and still in good health (today) I ain’t quitting yet . Built a shooting house and it is 130 steps from the front door 😊 I plan to get out as much as I can you can’t quit just because you are getting old , just keep on stroken
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am
Age and wisdom seem to go "hand in hand". Those days of packing into a remote area, and then "working" to kill a good buck or bull, have passed.
Age and wisdom allow us to appreciate more of the little things. It makes us watch "youngsters" and grin as they bust their collective tails trying to get some tasks accomplished. And when they have finished, we say, "Why didn't you try it this way?" And hear them say, "I never thought of that."
We didn't either the first hundred times we did it your way!! :lol: :lol:

We get to enjoy life because we have lived it. We have memories that we can savor like a fine wine or a good shot of whiskey. We can sit back by the roaring fire and sip those memories to our delight. We cherish them.

To grow old, it to live. As Boo stated, the alternative isn't on my list of things to do today! :wink:
Enjoy each and every day.

And NEVER give up!! :thumbup:
Talking to Colton yesterday about a campfire. Nothing is anymore relaxing or enjoyable than sitting around a campfire with friends and visiting and telling tales.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:26 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am
Age and wisdom seem to go "hand in hand". Those days of packing into a remote area, and then "working" to kill a good buck or bull, have passed.
Age and wisdom allow us to appreciate more of the little things. It makes us watch "youngsters" and grin as they bust their collective tails trying to get some tasks accomplished. And when they have finished, we say, "Why didn't you try it this way?" And hear them say, "I never thought of that."
We didn't either the first hundred times we did it your way!! :lol: :lol:

We get to enjoy life because we have lived it. We have memories that we can savor like a fine wine or a good shot of whiskey. We can sit back by the roaring fire and sip those memories to our delight. We cherish them.

To grow old, it to live. As Boo stated, the alternative isn't on my list of things to do today! :wink:
Enjoy each and every day.

And NEVER give up!! :thumbup:
Talking to Colton yesterday about a campfire. Nothing is anymore relaxing or enjoyable than sitting around a campfire with friends and visiting and telling tales.
100% Agree :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Part of mine is age and part is change. We hunted same lease for 31 years. It was “ home”. You fix things up a little at a time and it gets to be more comfortable and more like home with every year. This is the 5th season since we lost it, and I have looked for another lease. I haven’t found anything that I was very enthused about. Everything seemed crowded and overpriced. ( still looking) So I have been trying the Public Hunting in Texas. Guess you don’t realize how good you have it until it’s gone. So besides age I am having to change pretty much the way I have done everything my whole life. It’s an education and a new experience but I can’t stand the thought of quitting. I still love to see the sun come up in the morning and watch and listen to the world wake up. I sure miss sitting in my shooting house, in my office chair and watching.( yep, I was spoiled)!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

W.Miguire wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:48 pm
I just turned 80 and still in good health (today) I ain’t quitting yet . Built a shooting house and it is 130 steps from the front door 😊 I plan to get out as much as I can you can’t quit just because you are getting old , just keep on stroken
Don't tell anyone Bill, but you're my hero! Keep on truckin buddy!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

:eusa-dance:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:50 pm
W.Miguire wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:48 pm
Don't tell anyone Bill, but you're my hero! Keep on truckin buddy!
Yes Sir! You and Dave!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yes, Dave as well. A kid can have more than one hero! 😉
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:42 pm
Part of mine is age and part is change. We hunted same lease for 31 years. It was “ home”. You fix things up a little at a time and it gets to be more comfortable and more like home with every year. This is the 5th season since we lost it, and I have looked for another lease. I haven’t found anything that I was very enthused about. Everything seemed crowded and overpriced. ( still looking) So I have been trying the Public Hunting in Texas. Guess you don’t realize how good you have it until it’s gone. So besides age I am having to change pretty much the way I have done everything my whole life. It’s an education and a new experience but I can’t stand the thought of quitting. I still love to see the sun come up in the morning and watch and listen to the world wake up. I sure miss sitting in my shooting house, in my office chair and watching.( yep, I was spoiled)!
My problem is having the physical stamina to navigate the swamps or the mountains in my other spot. Arthritis in my back has slowed me down considerably. 71 years young here.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Perhaps we were in a rush to grow up when we were kids. Little did we know we were living the time of our lives at that exact moment. We were carefree, adventurous and had no worries accept perhaps, "I wonder what Mom is making for dinner?", and/or "Do I have enough BB's for my Daisy Red Ryder?" :lol:
It sure never once crossed our minds about paying the mortgage or putting OUR kids thru college. :lol:

Kids these days, worry about gang violence, school shooting, drugs and if they have any "followers" on social media. :wtf:
They are bombarded with stuff we never thought about as kids. Makes them grow up way too fast.
They go from diapers straight to small adulthood, never having the experiences of having been a kid. That my friend, is simply sad. :thumbdown:

No wonder so many are "maladjusted" to society these days, seeking solace in drugs and alcohol. Parents themselves who are out of touch with reality in some cases. We have a social structure these days of basically children raising children. No wonder kids seek the approval of "street gangs" as surrogate parents.
One simply needs to peruse the news to see how far we have fallen. :eusa-deadhorse:

I'm glad I for one grew up in a "simpler time". No worries about my "friend status" on Twitter or Facebook. Heck, we had a "party line" for a telephone. If you don't know what that means, send me a PM and I'll explain it!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
I'll take simple any day of the week. It's what I'm accustomed to. It's how I live my life. :thumbup:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well said AJ! I feel sorry for those kids brought up by Metrosexual parents. The kids aren't allowed to get dirty, the kids have no clue what corporal punishment is, they have hypo-allergenic dogs, they don't flip a page and everything is new and plastic. I am happy to see my grandson brought up differently. Even though both his parents are engineers :roll: , my grandson who I call Ork, is getting down and dirty and earning his antibodies the old way :mrgreen: The parents never freak out when my male dog, who is now 80 lbs at 15 months, engulfs Ork's hand with food in it and takes it back and eats it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Boo wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:02 am
Well said AJ! I feel sorry for those kids brought up by Metrosexual parents. The kids aren't allowed to get dirty, the kids have no clue what corporal punishment is, they have hypo-allergenic dogs, they don't flip a page and everything is new and plastic. I am happy to see my grandson brought up differently. Even though both his parents are engineers :roll: , my grandson who I call Ork, is getting down and dirty and earning his antibodies the old way :mrgreen: The parents never freak out when my male dog, who is now 80 lbs at 15 months, engulfs Ork's hand with food in it and takes it back and eats it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is a cutie pie Mr. Boo!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Boo wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:02 am
:clap: :clap:
It's called raising them right :thumbup:

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:53 am
Perhaps we were in a rush to grow up when we were kids. Little did we know we were living the time of our lives at that exact moment. We were carefree, adventurous and had no worries accept perhaps, "I wonder what Mom is making for dinner?", and/or "Do I have enough BB's for my Daisy Red Ryder?" :lol:
It sure never once crossed our minds about paying the mortgage or putting OUR kids thru college. :lol:

Kids these days, worry about gang violence, school shooting, drugs and if they have any "followers" on social media. :wtf:
They are bombarded with stuff we never thought about as kids. Makes them grow up way too fast.
They go from diapers straight to small adulthood, never having the experiences of having been a kid. That my friend, is simply sad. :thumbdown:

No wonder so many are "maladjusted" to society these days, seeking solace in drugs and alcohol. Parents themselves who are out of touch with reality in some cases. We have a social structure these days of basically children raising children. No wonder kids seek the approval of "street gangs" as surrogate parents.
One simply needs to peruse the news to see how far we have fallen. :eusa-deadhorse:

I'm glad I for one grew up in a "simpler time". No worries about my "friend status" on Twitter or Facebook. Heck, we had a "party line" for a telephone. If you don't know what that means, send me a PM and I'll explain it!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
I'll take simple any day of the week. It's what I'm accustomed to. It's how I live my life. :thumbup:

I et a lot of mud But, not because i
wanted to !!!

Dave :eusa-snooty:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Don,
Congrats on a great looking grandkid!! Hope he ain't the only one ya got!! Ork is a blessed young man, and he doesn't even realize it yet! One day he will, and he'll be "thankful" for all the things Grandpa taught him!!
Enjoy every moment with him!!