OT: A New Pack Member

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: OT: A New Pack Member

Post by IronNoggin »

Ila is just over 6 months now, and still growing.

Funny, she has a huge basket full of toys, but every now and then a simple stick is the choice of the moment!
And true to her still puppy nature, she simply loves to play with them upside down!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

Hahahaha, the same thing happens to my son, he has all kinds of toys and what he has the most fun with is pistols, shotguns, crossbows and wooden swords...
Assassin 400TD
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Pretty much outgrown her puppy bed.
Time for a new one methinks...

Cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

When I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. When I get a dog, they give me a piece of their heart. My hope is that I live long enough that all the pieces of my heart are dog so that I can be as honest, as loyal, as loving, as true, as decent and as generous as my dogs were.
Author unknown
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:58 pm
When I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. When I get a dog, they give me a piece of their heart. My hope is that I live long enough that all the pieces of my heart are dog so that I can be as honest, as loyal, as loving, as true, as decent and as generous as my dogs were.
Author unknown
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Ila is 7 months old today and just over 60 pounds now.

Her ear was continuing to be up and down, so we discussed that with our vet.
The answer was an ear shaped foam that goes into the ear for a week at a time to strengthen the cartilage such that it should stand on it's own after a treatment or two.

While she wasn't initially pleased, she now completely ignores it:

Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

7 Months and a week tomorrow.

Just got her off the scale.

76 pounds!!
:shock:

Woah!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Matt, when she's fully grown, your going to have to drive around looking for road kills to keep your pack fed! I think we go through a 17 kilo bag of food every 10 days :wtf:
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:02 am
Matt, when she's fully grown, your going to have to drive around looking for road kills to keep your pack fed! I think we go through a 17 kilo bag of food every 10 days :wtf:
Yep. Between her and Kimmiq they're tossing back one hell of a lot of food these days.
Going to have to come up with something!
Especially so if I take on another male Wolf Hybrid in the fall (tentative plan...)

Cheers
Boo

Post by Boo »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:41 pm
Boo wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:02 am
Yep. Between her and Kimmiq they're tossing back one hell of a lot of food these days.
Going to have to come up with something!
Especially so if I take on another male Wolf Hybrid in the fall (tentative plan...)

Cheers
I don't know if they do this in BC but here you can put your name in the local OPP office for road kills. Just think how long a moose would last you! A month! :lol: :lol: :lol:
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Gave it a few days to make sure, but it appears Ila's ear took well to the treatment.

Now both up, symmetrical and proud!

Cheers,
Nog
Boo

Post by Boo »

My boy's ears were erect but flopped down eventually. My breeder told me to use ear tape and nasal strips. Took about a month but it worked!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:14 pm
My boy's ears were erect but flopped down eventually. My breeder told me to use ear tape and nasal strips. Took about a month but it worked!
Good stuff.

Ila's was a hard foam prosthetic for 2 weeks.
Looks like it has done it's job, and is holding...

Cheers!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

She has a habit of making anything she wanders across her latest favorite toy.
From oyster shells to pine cones.

Cheers
Boo

Post by Boo »

Have you given her a slice of lemon or lime yet? :mrgreen: