Anterless

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Anterless

Post by longbow joe »

Good luck
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:57 pm
Good luck
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:01 pm
Good luck Dave.
Thanks Dan :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

After letting the lady age for a few days, we finally began the job of processing this little thing.
Just for kicks, we decided to weigh each hind quarter. These weighed about 55 pounds each. :wtf: Before boning.
Each backstrap was close to 3 feet long and as big around as a big pork loin.
The inner loin was 12-14 inches each and super tender.

We removed the ribs and slow smoked them on an old hickory fired smoker I have. Nice! :thumbup:

We made 40 pounds of Jalapeno and Cheese Summer sausage.
20 pounds of Cheese only Summer sausage.
70 one-pound packages of ground.
I forget how many packs of steaks from the backstraps.

Now, we don't keep everything we harvest. We take around Christmas and give meat to families less fortunate than us.
Me and my bunch of marauding Indians are truly blessed. We prefer to help those who need a little help.
We try to live life to its fullest. I hope every one of you do also!

Please allow this old Redneck to be the first to say it, "Merry Christmas Y'all"!! :angel:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:47 am
After letting the lady age for a few days, we finally began the job of processing this little thing.
Just for kicks, we decided to weigh each hind quarter. These weighed about 55 pounds each. :wtf: Before boning.

We removed the ribs and slow smoked them on an old hickory fired smoker I have. Nice! :thumbup:

Now, we don't keep everything we harvest. We take around Christmas and give meat to families less fortunate than us.
Me and my bunch of marauding Indians are truly blessed. We prefer to help those who need a little help.

Please allow this old Redneck to be the first to say it, "Merry Christmas Y'all"!! :angel:

Kudos Andy :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
grouse

Post by grouse »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:47 am

AJ, I admire you for doing your own processing and sharing your harvest. I haven't butchered a deer myself in years, but I enjoy sharing my venison with friends and family. I suspect that you like the sharing part too!
axiom
350 SE
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Yes Sir, I was very fortunate. I grew up on a working farm/ranch here in East Texas. If we didn't raise it or grow it, we didn't eat it. :lol:

My Dad owned his own 18-wheeler. He leased it and himself to Melton Truck Lines. He also was an ordained Baptist minister. He managed to feed and clothe 5 kids.
He taught us everything has a value to someone, no matter how unimportant it may seem to you. We butchered 2 steers and 2 hogs every year, and I swear, he gave most of it away.
My late mother-in-law was an inspiration also. There was a local nursing home that come Thanksgiving and Christmas, she would make extra pies and cakes and take it to those in that facility. My late father-in-law would go there twice a month and play the piano for those there. He also went to the local elementary and read to the kids once a week.

I remember cooking extra turkeys every year to give to needy families in the community and then delivering those items to those folks. Compassion is a wonderful thing. I'm not trying to win any awards or attaboys. I'm just doing what I was taught to do for those less Blessed.
Never underestimate the power of giving. :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Dave congrats on your nice tick toter. Hope you getstid anudder one soon
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:31 pm
Yes Sir, I was very fortunate. I grew up on a working farm/ranch here in East Texas. If we didn't raise it or grow it, we didn't eat it. :lol:

My Dad owned his own 18-wheeler. He leased it and himself to Melton Truck Lines. He also was an ordained Baptist minister. He managed to feed and clothe 5 kids.
He taught us everything has a value to someone, no matter how unimportant it may seem to you. We butchered 2 steers and 2 hogs every year, and I swear, he gave most of it away.
My late mother-in-law was an inspiration also. There was a local nursing home that come Thanksgiving and Christmas, she would make extra pies and cakes and take it to those in that facility. My late father-in-law would go there twice a month and play the piano for those there. He also went to the local elementary and read to the kids once a week.

I remember cooking extra turkeys every year to give to needy families in the community and then delivering those items to those folks. Compassion is a wonderful thing. I'm not trying to win any awards or attaboys. I'm just doing what I was taught to do for those less Blessed.
Never underestimate the power of giving. :thumbup:
I know yer not trying to get any attaboys,
BUT ,you get 1 big ATTABOY from me anyway !!

Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<