Twinstrike

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hillcountry

Twinstrike

Post by Hillcountry »

I see Wyvern has the Twinstrike on sale for $1299!
Is this because the “dual fire” xbow has not been welcomed and praised by the xbow public?
I still love the idea of 2 shots…
What has been the experience of the Excalibur forum members? Someone must have a Twinstrike?
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
rmb721

Re: Twinstrike

Post by rmb721 »

Someone has one with crank for sale for $1025 TYD on Archery Talk.
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

I guess they were not as popular as planned? I would buy one for a grand! 🤣
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I sure could use one where I hunt!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have evil twin and I love that little bow at first no but after a few modifications it’s a great shooter and readable and if I need a second shot I have it great for turkey 🦃 hunting
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I think the price has a lot to do with the sales but if you think of the time it took to engineer the bow it is worth it 👍
janesy

Post by janesy »

I think you'd be surprised with the sales. It obviously did well enough that there were different models. I know for sure the factory was going nuts getting them out the door.
One thing about the twin strike is that it's a premium offering for a regional client. In Ontario here where we are for the most part one and done, for whitetail and only 1 turkey per day. guys around here opt more for the Assassin lineup it that's the price bracket they are shopping in.

So just because you don't see them on store shelves near you, doesn't alway mean they are not selling well.

With the ATA around the corner, most vendors are liquidating inventory to purchase in bulk for pre season pricing going into 2023.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

I personally would never buy it because here in my hunting area wild boars (which is what I have it for) only give one chance and an immediate second shot is very, very unlikely.
However, I suppose that there will be many occasions in other hunting grounds where a second shot can be useful, to collect a second piece or to finish off the already wounded one.
If I were to shoot bears for example I would feel more comfortable with a second shot... (In my country pistols and revolvers are not allowed for normal citizens, only shotguns and rifles) so a second shot is a better guarantee of security and success.
I repeat, I would not buy it because I would rarely take advantage of it, but this does not mean that I do not see its possibilities.
It's very comfortable to see things from your own perspective... But I think it's smarter to try to see it from different perspectives.

I have no idea what the sales or success of the twinstrike will be, but it certainly doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, quite the opposite, it's just that it's not for everyone... There are people who prefer a pickup and others who prefer a van... Is one less valid than the other?
Assassin 400TD
Al in Mi

Post by Al in Mi »

Must be a huge markup in xbows!
artifact

Post by artifact »

There is a Twinstrike listed on the Allentown Pa Craigs list for $750. Personally, I wouldn't want one at any price, but apparently there is a niche market for them, and I understand the thought process behind producing them, just not for me.