Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: Late Season Archery - The Ups & Downs

Post by nchunterkw »

PaulSpain wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:38 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:26 am

I love these in 1 1/4". This shop is in Europe.

https://www.huntersfriend.eu/product/vpa-vantage-point-archery-3-blade-broadhead/?_gl=1*95mghd*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTMyNDQ2OTI5OS4xNjcyOTM1ODE0*_ga_MYSYBMDZL3*MTY3MjkzNTgxMy4xLjEuMTY3MjkzNTg5My4wLjAuMA..
I also like yes. :thumbup:
I was looking for them a lot, I bought 3 from Lancaster archery (USA) and at customs they asked me for a +50% tax (€40). I preferred to lose the money and returned them... Customs thieves...

The good thing is that with one of 200-300 gr you don't need to insert the arrow and the foc will be even better than with inserts, right?

It will be my next purchase of broadheads, having it here in the EU.

Thanks!! 8)
I still use a 110gr brass insert in my Zombie Slayer arrows with these 200 gr broadheads. Technically you are right that with a heavier head and lighter insert the FOC would be higher but I think it is a very small amount and not to even worry about it. I think of the arrow like this:
1) Good arrow structural integrity - quality arrow and components...including "indestructible" broadhead
2) Total weight I want
3) "Lots" of FOC. I don't worry too much if it's 23% or 27%, just so it's high. So heavy insert, heavy broadhead.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
PaulSpain

Re: Late Season Archery - The Ups & Downs

Post by PaulSpain »

nchunterkw wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:06 am
PaulSpain wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:38 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:26 am

I love these in 1 1/4". This shop is in Europe.

https://www.huntersfriend.eu/product/vpa-vantage-point-archery-3-blade-broadhead/?_gl=1*95mghd*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTMyNDQ2OTI5OS4xNjcyOTM1ODE0*_ga_MYSYBMDZL3*MTY3MjkzNTgxMy4xLjEuMTY3MjkzNTg5My4wLjAuMA..
I also like yes. :thumbup:
I was looking for them a lot, I bought 3 from Lancaster archery (USA) and at customs they asked me for a +50% tax (€40). I preferred to lose the money and returned them... Customs thieves...

The good thing is that with one of 200-300 gr you don't need to insert the arrow and the foc will be even better than with inserts, right?

It will be my next purchase of broadheads, having it here in the EU.

Thanks!! 8)
I still use a 110gr brass insert in my Zombie Slayer arrows with these 200 gr broadheads. Technically you are right that with a heavier head and lighter insert the FOC would be higher but I think it is a very small amount and not to even worry about it. I think of the arrow like this:
1) Good arrow structural integrity - quality arrow and components...including "indestructible" broadhead
2) Total weight I want
3) "Lots" of FOC. I don't worry too much if it's 23% or 27%, just so it's high. So heavy insert, heavy broadhead.
:clap: :thumbup:
Assassin 400TD