Time is running out!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Re: Time is running out!

Post by Normous »

Don't shoot Rudolf....he has presents to deliver Next Dec 2023.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well, when it came down to the wire, 8 does came in, no target bucks and no culls. I can't shoot the young'ns and with all the bucks around it's likely that a doe will be pregnant. I don't want to kill next year's deer and I most certainly don't want to see a fetus roll out. While my hunting property is a work in progress, I learned a few things and that's good!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:05 pm
Well, when it came down to the wire, 8 does came in, no target bucks and no culls. I can't shoot the young'ns and with all the bucks around it's likely that a doe will be pregnant. I don't want to kill next year's deer and I most certainly don't want to see a fetus roll out. While my hunting property is a work in progress, I learned a few things and that's good!
Good call Don... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

:D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
Assassin 400TD
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:05 pm
That is elegance...
Assassin 400TD
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:53 am
Earlier in the woods that day ....

Okay, here's the plan... :think:

The Big Guy says, "Ralph, (next year's shooter), you put on that hair covered Kevlar vest Jane got you for Christmas. I want you to wear it just in case the pressure gets to him.
He won't be able to see you're wearing it. He's old, and it'll be fading light. Just don't get too close!
Jane, you and Spiky go out there to add to the distraction.
Got it?"

"Yeah, we got it!"

"Okay, the rest of us will hit the field at exactly 5 minutes AFTER legal shooting light!
He'll be thinking he'll just sneak out and go home, like he always does.

Not this time!! :eusa-snooty:

NOPE, this time we are gonna make him wait on US. No more of this "blowing and running" like we always do. :eusa-naughty:
We stand our ground!! :x
These are our woods and he's the interloper!!
We'll teach him a lesson!! Right!!

"RIGHT"!! :thumbup:

We'll see how long it takes before he melts down and starts throwing his personal gear out the window!!!

Okay. Everyone knows their assignment. No matter what he does... IGNORE him!! It'll drive him crazy!!

Alright. Let's roll!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
How creative are you!! :clap: :clap:
Assassin 400TD
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

What a whopper! Good Luck
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Every year on Dec 31st at sunset I stop and reflect about the deer season that just ended and then instantly think about hunting on opening day in the new year... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.