Peggy waiting for Norm's arrows.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Peggy waiting for Norm's arrows.

Post by janesy »

PaulSpain wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:00 am

I'm glad, as I write badly I thought I could have been misinterpreted.

I also love the adrenaline of killing and I enjoy killing with a crossbow, because for my taste it combines a perfect balance of safety and closeness with the animal, I do not deny it and I respect people who are consistent with their actions and ethics.

I had never hunted before and I have to discover myself in this "killer" facet, ALL your comments are very useful, valid because I like them more or less, first, I respect them, second, they give me a vision of what it could be worth to me or not me.
The beauty of hunting, fishing or whatever we choose to apply it to is that it means something different to each individual. It's your hunt, and morally it's all up to you to fulfill it. Ethics aside, that's out of our control. Shoot...don't shoot, kill...don't kill. Those details don't matter at the end of the day as long as you fulfilled what you were looking for.
PaulSpain wrote:
My dilemma is very clear to what it is due to, it comes from the education my parents gave me and the society in which I live. That I have to be honest with myself? Yes, sure.
Don't get me wrong I'm not judging you on your dilemma. I'm a very cut and dry, logical thinker. But I'm the first to admit I personally often struggle with applying human traits to wildlife. Where it very clearly does not apply. As mentioned above, each of use strives and struggles with ourselves as hunters, part of the growth.
PaulSpain wrote:
I slaughter sheep and cows with my hands to eat at home and I don't feel sorry for it, but when I slaughter a pregnant female without knowing it I get a lump in my throat, I can't help it, educational...

Thanks for your sincerity.
I wholeheartedly agree, I would never knowingly kill any animal I was looking to use to consume. Farm raised, wild or otherwise.
However, and with above statements in mind, where I struggle with the idea of shooting for predator control, including hogs for all reasons. It's my opinion, but our morals have often already been jaded by the fact we are not consuming the meat, not harvesting the carcass often Coyotes are in turn traded in for a bounty, where morals need not apply.
So the logical side of me see shooting pregnant "pest" species as a way of controling number faster, or at least more efficiently. But as I mentioned before, more often than not, we aren't controlling anything if not making it worse.
With all that said, I can't say that I have or even would go and deliberately target a specific "pest" animal, I would simply shoot anyone I could. And if it happen to be with pups, I wouldn't loose sleep.

On the other hand, I prefer not to shoot does, cubs or Jake's. And am guilty of letting them walk at the expense of my hunting season more times that I let myself remember. So who knows, certainly not me :lol: . If I had hogs, I'd shoot first is all I know.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

It has become very clear.

Thank you. :thumbup:
Assassin 400TD
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

I have gone a couple of days to try my luck, but the leader of the herd is very smart, she surrounds me looking for the wind and does not enter. :eusa-snooty:
I'm going to have to change the feeder site, I'll look for another area where it feels obliged to enter where I'm interested to see if I have more luck.
Assassin 400TD
Normous

Post by Normous »

Outwit and outsmart them, your day will come soon I suspect.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family