Arrow wraps in a Ceasefire?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Arrow wraps in a Ceasefire?

Post by DuckHunt »

I got my Ceasefire replaced the other day and got to bring in the new year with some arrow testing since we're graced with a surprisingly warm day. I built some 16.5" Zombies stiff side up with a 110gr insert, 50gr added weight, a 5" reflective wrap and backed with 2" blazers and a 28gr nock. The whole package with a 100gr tip is around 471 grains.

Shooting at 40 yards was very unimpressive. I seemed to be all over the place. Minute of deer accuracy, but not minute of squirrel head which is typical. I did notice that when pushing the wrapped arrow into the Ceasefire, it didn't go in as smoothly. It wasn't sticking, but it didn't snap back into place like it would typically. I'm using standard BE plastic nocks. I'm wondering if using vinyl wraps in a Ceasefire trigger is such a good idea. Certainly having a piece of a wrap come off in the trigger assembly wouldn't be good.

For further testing, I grabbed some of last years unwrapped arrows that run around 410 grains and sent them downrange. They're deadly.

At the very least my current wrap recipe will need some adjustment. For those that use wraps, do you wrap them all the way to the nock or leave the last 1" or so bare to avoid this type of situation?
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Re: Arrow wraps in a Ceasefire?

Post by janesy »

DuckHunt wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:18 pm
I got my Ceasefire replaced the other day and got to bring in the new year with some arrow testing since we're graced with a surprisingly warm day. I built some 16.5" Zombies stiff side up with a 110gr insert, 50gr added weight, a 5" reflective wrap and backed with 2" blazers and a 28gr nock. The whole package with a 100gr tip is around 471 grains.

Shooting at 40 yards was very unimpressive. I seemed to be all over the place. Minute of deer accuracy, but not minute of squirrel head which is typical. I did notice that when pushing the wrapped arrow into the Ceasefire, it didn't go in as smoothly. It wasn't sticking, but it didn't snap back into place like it would typically. I'm using standard BE plastic nocks. I'm wondering if using vinyl wraps in a Ceasefire trigger is such a good idea. Certainly having a piece of a wrap come off in the trigger assembly wouldn't be good.

For further testing, I grabbed some of last years unwrapped arrows that run around 410 grains and sent them downrange. They're deadly.

At the very least my current wrap recipe will need some adjustment. For those that use wraps, do you wrap them all the way to the nock or leave the last 1" or so bare to avoid this type of situation?
I typically wrap to the end, and than trim them back 1/8" from the end so they don't interfere with the luminock.

I have a second arrow squaring devise that I fixed a ravor blade into at the depth, so a quick roll in it slices the wrap square and clean every time

But I'm done with wraps for a while. Tired of glue issues and messes with wraps.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I found the same thing with my Twin Strike just cut them back a little and should be ok
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Thanks for the feedback. I trimmed them off just behind the fletching and now everything works as expected.
Slick Trick Crossbow, Grizztrick II or Tooth of the Arrow XL, it doesn't matter. They're all in a 2" circle at 40 yards.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Great info guys!
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Normous

Post by Normous »

I like the final look :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings