Looking for suggestions on neoprene boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Looking for suggestions on neoprene boots

Post by Boo »

I've been a long time fan of Muck Boots but the last 3 pairs developed defects in about 2 years. They cracked on the sides of the foot, one of them had a smaller opening than the other and the lining cloth has come lose in another. They are just too expensive of a neoprene boot for me to buy again.
So I'm looking for suggestions of any brands other than Mucks. Anyone have good experiences they can share with me?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Re: Looking for suggestions on neoprene boots

Post by janesy »

I've also been shopping for a while. While the cabelas branded ones used to be great, they have also declined considerably in quality. 1-2 years max.

The only ones I can tell that are still up to par are the LaCrosse Alphaburlies. But you pay for them now.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have Baffin titan -100 deg. Had for well over 5 years and holding up very well. they have gone up $100 since i bought my pair but i would still spend what they are asking if i had to replace them. They are like wearing pillows and never had cold feet wearing them hunting or ice fishing. Impressive insulation.

https://www.baffin.com/products/23550000

I LOVE these boots!, cant wait for cold weather to be able to wear them. :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Normous

Post by Normous »

LaCrosse boots have an excellent review from 2 of my guide friends.
On their recommendation , I bought 3 pairs LaCasse insulated boots this year (one pair for my wife) but not the neoprene version.
LaCasse quality is very good I report and my next pair of neoprene will definitely be from LaCasse .
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:26 pm
LaCrosse boots have an excellent review from 2 of my guide friends.
On their recommendation , I bought 3 pairs LaCasse insulated boots this year (one pair for my wife) but not the neoprene version.
LaCasse quality is very good I report and my next pair of neoprene will definitely be from LaCasse .
They were at ATA 2020.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

My son, grandsons and I use La Crosse neoprene boots. We like them. I never used Muck, but my son has used Mucks and he likes the LaCrosse much better.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Lacrosse Alpha Burley's for me since 2016 in any extreme conditions.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've worn Lacrosse for more than 20 years. I had a pair of Alpha Sports that lasted more than ten years. They were very light and fit great. Too bad they discontinued that line. The foot was more like an athletic shoe in style. The closest they have today is the AeroHead Sport. The last four years I've been wearing a pair of Alpha Agility. They can be more than a pound lighter, per pair, than the Alphaburly boots depending on the level of insulation. The Lacrosse may cost a little more, but I've sure gotten my monies worth our of every pair I've owned.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Like you I have gone through numerous boots . Best boots hands down for me have been my Kaufmans/sorels . But sadly they are not made anymore here . I still have 20 plus year old uninsulated boots .
The neoprene ones I have gone through a few different manufacturers . Soles seem to be the weak point of most of the chinese boots coming off . Normally it lets go at the furthest point from the truck so I sound like a kid with flip flops coming out .
Like One Shot I still have my -100 Sorel mickey mouse boots . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

My son and I own 3 pairs of LaCrosse, two of them being Alphaburly. Wouldn't buy them again. Was just re-glueing sole on one pair of them last week. Third time I think. Liner inside tore off too easily too. Moderate use at the cottage only.
We also own 3 pairs of Mucks, two of them being Arctic Sports, we use for hunting. Much better boot in my opinion.
Furthermore, we own Baffin Impacts, but I wouldn't use that for hunting for sure. Too warm during hunting season and too cumbersome. Not neoprene anyway.
Most comfortable hunting boots I own are Danner Pronghorn. Also non neoprene, but excellent boot.
Boot geek ya think? Nah...
RobD

Post by RobD »

I have nothing to recommend, I've worn out every pair of boots I have purchased. They only last 1 to 2 years and then develop cracks at the sole seam or the ankle flex points. But I also wear boots daily all year round, putting them on/off several times for taking out the dogs and doing the chicken/duck/rabbit/goat chores as well as out hunting.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
tracer

Post by tracer »

I recommend the Hunt shield by CTC boots.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com