Brand New Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelsquad

Brand New Matrix 380

Post by wheelsquad »

Well it's actually a Cabelas Equalizer, which is basically a Matrix 370. Still new with tags, and has a Tact Zone scope on it. I asked and they said they recently got it from an intra-store swap.

Cabela's in Rogers MN is where I saw it today. We're not a crossbow-friendly state and Excalibur aren't all that popular here, so I find it peculiar that they sent it from a different store where it hadn't sold, to this store where it is also unlikely to sell.

Lots of guys here say they wish still had the Matrix line available, so figured I'd share about a still brand new one.

The model is no longer even listed on Cabelas website, so I'm not sure how a person could even purchase this without going in store. But maybe calling the store directly they would be able to ship it? I'd be willing to snag it and ship it to someone if Cabelas has no option to.

The black rail / gray riser combo is exactly what my Bulldog has and actually looks pretty cool.

adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Re: Brand New Matrix 380

Post by janesy »

Cool find!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Impressive find Tyler! Especially considering it's one of the best bows Excalibur made and the price is outstanding! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
artifact

Post by artifact »

Nice find, If it's the same as guns, they may ship it to a Cabela's near you, and then you can go look at it and purchase it. That may apply only in certain situations, but they did that for a friend of mine for a gun in the gun library of a store in another state, for anyone interested in it, it may be worth a try.
He ended up not buying the gun, it was a Remington 600 .350 Magnum with the stock and bluing not being that great, plus it had a cracked vent rib on it, and they wanted top dollar for it and wouldn't budge on price.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:54 am
Impressive find Tyler! Especially considering it's one of the best bows Excalibur made and the price is outstanding! :thumbup:
I'll definitely check and see if it is still there the next time I in store. At that price someone would have to be insane to buy a new Matrix G340 over that one.

Either way, I have no intentions personally to buy it but figured I would let this crew know it is there and available. Or even pick it up and ship to someone if it came to that.

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Nice bow that's a deal!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Matrix 355 / 380 are awesome, reliable bows, great price!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
lituani

Post by lituani »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:05 pm
The black rail / gray riser combo is exactly what my Bulldog has and actually looks pretty cool.

Weren't bulldogs exclusively black rail because of the composite rail?

But this Cabela's Equalizer looks strange. Mismatched camo pattern between limbs & stock, and black rail without camo. Makes me think this may be a refurbished unit from Excalibur. Don't gotta match to harvest deer, and don't think they'll have much to say after the shot. Still, looks a bit funky.

Great find & great price though!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

lituani wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:53 am
wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:05 pm

Weren't bulldogs exclusively black rail because of the composite rail?

But this Cabela's Equalizer looks strange. Mismatched camo pattern between limbs & stock, and black rail without camo. Makes me think this may be a refurbished unit from Excalibur. Don't gotta match to harvest deer, and don't think they'll have much to say after the shot. Still, looks a bit funky.

Great find & great price though!
Google image search shows all of the Equalizers looked this way: https://www.google.com/search?q=excalibur+equalizer+crossbow&safe=active&sxsrf=AJOqlzXco4T3OSCx0xOW-R0wLX2G8OOYSQ:1676944491982&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfo4KGwaX9AhW9j4kEHbGuCrkQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=1064&dpr=1#imgrc=ytBFcQekmf0Q-M

In regards to the bulldogs....some had gray/bronze rails, some black, some camo, depending on the specific model. But none of the Bulldogs were composite rail, ever.

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Franken360