Vane color

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: Vane color

Post by flightattendant100 »

Years ago, I was at a Texas Ranger baseball game. The concession folks all wear Bright Chartreuse. You can see every one in the park no matter how far away. Stands out against everything. I thought, "Thats the color for fletching"! I figured out with first kill that it is not Chartreuse after they go through Bambi. long story short, not sure that there is a super color for fletching....all gonna be reddish when you are looking for it..
Boo

Post by Boo »

I prefer all white but really, I don't care what colour as long as they are all the same. I do that because even after locating a vane on the static spine, I still shoot them using different vanes as the cock vane to try to bring the point of impact together if there is a variance. The static spine and the dynamic spine are often on the same plane but you occasionally get one where the 2 spines don't match up. So I shoot with the vane that I located on the static spine and if it doesn't group with the others, I try another vane. Once that arrow is brought in to where the others impact, I put a dot with a sharpie to indicate the cock vane. Of course you don't need all the same colour, you can just put a dot on the vane the preferred vane no matter what colour it is. I see one advantage of white, you get to see red easier or hopefully not yellowish green. :shock:
It is the static spine that you want the cock vane and you can put the cock vane on the stiff plane or soft plane as long as they are all the same.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

I tell my arrow customers who request 3 same color fletching marketed with a Sharpie Indicating the Static or cock vane down orientation , that it is possible the spine could change over frequent stressful shooting sessions and the Sharpie vane mark may need relocation if a certain arrow impacts differently over time.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

For the life of me, I just couldn't go hunting and have my colors clash!!! :eusa-naughty: :lol: :wink:
GQ may be out there looking for their next cover guy!!! :eusa-whistle:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I read this on Fakebook twice, so it must be true. Artrosexual. Usually an urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his arrow's appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable colors of fletching. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:37 am
I read this on Fakebook twice, so it must be true. Artrosexual. Usually an urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his arrow's appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable colors of fletching. :mrgreen:
And strings....
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Normous wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:54 pm
Boo wrote:
And strings....

If I had any, that is!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spot on!!
Assassin 400TD
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Boo wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :mrgreen:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

papabear1 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm
Boo wrote:
Okay Dave,
I see how it is! You're gonna pile on too!!! :lol: :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

posting because I have FOMO.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:51 pm
papabear1 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm
Boo wrote:
Okay Dave,
I see how it is! You're gonna pile on too!!! :lol: :lol:
YEP ! :eusa-dance:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:01 pm
Boo wrote:
Normous wrote:
Boo wrote:
And strings....

AJ, at least it ain’t PANK!😎
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:45 am
AJ01 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:01 pm
Boo wrote:
Normous wrote:

And strings....

AJ, at least it ain’t PANK!😎
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows