Ok, been a while since I posted, so let's stir it up a bit lol

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XcaliburFX

Ok, been a while since I posted, so let's stir it up a bit lol

Post by XcaliburFX »

Hello all, been quite a while since I have posted, but I have lurked around a bit. :) Hope everyone is doing well.

How many of you are going to go grab up the new BAT Crossbow Pistol ... yep heard me right lol, Honey I Shrunk the Raven LOL :wtf: >
https://www.fieldandstream.com/gear/ballista-bat-crossbow-pistol-review/?fbclid=IwAR1yiMu-gfe8FWIBw8U4PbT0KanWbhcjp0gIHUeF4jDlyY0_sW2lHpa6f7U

I can tell you now the pic with the reel on the end of it for reeling in your fish, if you forget to release the line before firing .... ummm it might be hazardous to your family jewels lol, I can just see it taking a nose dive and coming back at you at a perfect arc, kind of like a bad cast .... just somewhat lower LOL

But all jokes aside it looks cool, and I could see myself giving it a test fire or two. Just thought I'd share a tidbit I found interesting.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Normous

Re: Ok, been a while since I posted, so let's stir it up a bit lol

Post by Normous »

Welcome back!
I held the Ballista-Bat at the ATA show recently. It felt like a cool little well made hand toy. To be honest I don't think I would use it to hunt anything bigger than a bunny rabbit using the Ballista.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Normous wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:42 am
Welcome back!
I held the Ballista-Bat at the ATA show recently. It felt like a cool little well made hand toy. To be honest I don't think I would use it to hunt anything bigger than a bunny rabbit using the Ballista.
Yeah, it looks cool and might be a hoot to shoot, but not sure I could take it seriously for any type of hunting until I did a lot more playing around with it. You never know though it might surprise a lot of people, myself included. The Reverse Bat from what I read is pretty swift. I just couldn't get over the fishing reel on the end of it in one of the last pics of the article lol. The new Pocket Fisherman. :wave:
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Prohibited Weapon in Canada for decades...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

It's pretty, but personally I prefer the rod and reel for the fish.
I don't think it's of much use for hunting. :eusa-think:
Assassin 400TD