Rhino Nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Rhino Nocks

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 pm
Best option asside from custom is just order some 20" black eagle fletched Executioners and cut them to whatever you need and clean and reglue the insert. Not easy, but hard to destroy an arrow.
Black Eagle Arrow also builds and sells 20"', 18" and 16.5" arrows. They are completed arrows with Blazers and brass inserts and they are less expensive than the OE Excalibur arrows. While they aren't as fancy looking, for hunting purposes, they are accurate and more than good enough for hunting.
The only negative is that they don't come with Rhino nocks but the good part is that you don't need to use Rhino nocks in a Ceasefire trigger unit.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
lunghit

Post by lunghit »

Lots of great suggestions here I appreciate it all. I’ll look into all the broadheads recommendations also
Excal Wolverine
Hawke XB-30
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:29 pm
janesy wrote:
Best option asside from custom is just order some 20" black eagle fletched Executioners and cut them to whatever you need and clean and reglue the insert. Not easy, but hard to destroy an arrow.
Black Eagle Arrow also builds and sells 20"', 18" and 16.5" arrows. They are completed arrows with Blazers and brass inserts and they are less expensive than the OE Excalibur arrows. While they aren't as fancy looking, for hunting purposes, they are accurate and more than good enough for hunting.
The only negative is that they don't come with Rhino nocks but the good part is that you don't need to use Rhino nocks in a Ceasefire trigger unit.
10/4, I like the 20's because they come with 110's.
I have yet to see a 16.5" factory fletcher arrow. I'm sure they are out there, just out of stock every time I've seen them offered anywhere
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:48 pm
Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:29 pm
janesy wrote:
10/4, I like the 20's because they come with 110's.
I have yet to see a 16.5" factory fletcher arrow. I'm sure they are out there, just out of stock every time I've seen them offered anywhere
You can always add weight to the back side of the front insert. BEA sells 30, 50 and 75 gr weights that are stackable as well. They work really well!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

lunghit wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:06 pm
Great I appreciate the information. I was going to look into the Sevr 150 grain for mechanicals and Iron Will for fixed. I have had excellent luck with the Iron Wills in my vertical bows.

The Sevr will not disappoint you, I am happy with them, although I have not hunted anything with them yet. :lol:
Assassin 400TD