Broadhead selection

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jay1972

Re: Broadhead selection

Post by jay1972 »

I’m going to try something a little different this year, a calculated experiment!

As I’m going to try my hand at Moose and if luck has it a quick trip to Alberta for wild boar

My current setup is a bulldog 440 so power isn’t a issue

I’m shooting some of Norm’s amazing custom arrows
325gr 18”in Zombie Slayers topped with 125gr S series TOTA total weight 450gr
415fps and they fly amazing zeroed at 30yrs and only dropping an inch at 40 hard hitting and accurate what more could one ask for?

More weight and greater FOC!!

So my journey began I first found some thread in weights with options of 25gr 50gr and 100gr looked like a great deal and easy to accomplish, But as luck would have it everywhere I have contacted either is sold out, doesn’t carry them or doesn’t ship here.

So my search continued and discovered another option but this time it adds 100gr and another 2” in of cut and I’ll still be able to use my current broadheads increasing my total weight to 550gr and I was lucky enough that a friend was going to Australia where they were made.
The True-blue elite series crossbreed broadheads.

After some online research and checking reviews I came up with this option for my 2023 season

This year’s setup will be

Bulldog 440
18”in Zombie Slayers 325gr
100gr Crossbreed
topped with 125gr S series TOTA
Total weight 550gr
At approx. 400fps

Wish me Luck :eusa-pray:
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein

"Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else."
Leonardo da Vinci
Boo

Post by Boo »

jay1972 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:15 am
I’m going to try something a little different this year, a calculated experiment!

As I’m going to try my hand at Moose and if luck has it a quick trip to Alberta for wild boar

My current setup is a bulldog 440 so power isn’t a issue

I’m shooting some of Norm’s amazing custom arrows
325gr 18”in Zombie Slayers topped with 125gr S series TOTA total weight 450gr
415fps and they fly amazing zeroed at 30yrs and only dropping an inch at 40 hard hitting and accurate what more could one ask for?

More weight and greater FOC!!

So my journey began I first found some thread in weights with options of 25gr 50gr and 100gr looked like a great deal and easy to accomplish, But as luck would have it everywhere I have contacted either is sold out, doesn’t carry them or doesn’t ship here.

So my search continued and discovered another option but this time it adds 100gr and another 2” in of cut and I’ll still be able to use my current broadheads increasing my total weight to 550gr and I was lucky enough that a friend was going to Australia where they were made.
The True-blue elite series crossbreed broadheads.

After some online research and checking reviews I came up with this option for my 2023 season

This year’s setup will be

Bulldog 440
18”in Zombie Slayers 325gr
100gr Crossbreed
topped with 125gr S series TOTA
Total weight 550gr
At approx. 400fps

Wish me Luck :eusa-pray:
How much added weight do you want upfront?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

If you make a home made 20" T handle Allan wrench to insert add a weights through the nock end I can send you some add a weight between 20 and 48 grains for the cost of postage.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family