Re: Excalibur hits another home run

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:14 am
flightattendant100 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:09 am
AJ01 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:16 am

Jeff, when my youngest was still in college, I told her I'd write her a check for 5 grand and she could elope. She flatly refused. :lol:
She's now 28 with one grandson and another one on the way.
The venue where her wedding was held cost me $7500 just for one night. And we had to clean the place BEFORE we left that night!! I feel your PAIN and it's ALL in the wallet!!! :lol: :lol:
I married off 3 girls!!! :eusa-doh:
AJ, only good thing about a divorce…. My girls Mom and I split the wedding stuff. Still hurt, just not as bad.
Considering all the cost associated with a wedding, you'd think that there was some kind of guarantee included. :lol: :lol:

But ya know, I have 4 out of my 5 married. My oldest son has never been married. Lifer in the Corp. I have 5 grandsons with another on the way and 2 granddaughters. The oldest granddaughter got married on Valentine's Day 2 days ago.
The cost to get all of them may have been a dollar or two. But the reward is PRICELESS!!
WOW
now your my hero :clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
artifact

Post by artifact »

[quote="one shot scott" I Sold a SS396 1966chevelle for a minivan. [/quote]

You as well as a lot of others! :lol:
WAIT, I know a guy who paid for his daughter's wedding, lasted about a year and she got divorced, then she wanted him to fork over for her second wedding, he wasn't too keen on that, but his wife sided with the daughter which wasn't exactly in his favor!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I like Longbow Joe's answer regarding paying for weddings.
Hope he chimes in here.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

janesy wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:10 pm
one shot scott wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:54 am
janesy wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:44 am
I paid for my own wedding. I should have bought a minivan instead.

I Sold a SS396 1966chevelle for a minivan. Should have kept the car instead!
I hope my kids elope!!!
Man I hope it was a least a sweet Pacifica with tvs and a built in vacuum.

lol, nope. GMC Safari. :wtf:
BUT, AWD safari with sweet two tone white/grey!!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

So, If I may ask (getting off daughter marrying) and back to the “home run” by Excalibur…what exactly is different with this particular bow that makes it a “home run”?
Looks like all the other crossbows to me! Not dissing them as they are some of the best on the market but what is it about this particular one that makes it stand out?
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Excalibur Extreme...

EXTREME PERFORMANCE, EXTREME RELIABILITY, MICRO SIZE
Ultra-compact and lightweight for maneuverability and comfort in any hunting scenario
CeaseFire ensures your crossbow will not fire unless an arrow is loaded, safety is off, and the trigger is pulled.
Excalibur’s legendary design and technology produce the most rugged and reliable crossbow in its class.
Best in class trigger system mirrors the performance and feel of today’s best match-grade rifle triggers
Features Micro High-Output Express Limbs for increased durability and performance
R.E.D.S. Suppressors substantially reduce shock, vibration, and noise.
Limited lifetime warranty.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

papabear1 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:21 pm

WOW
now your my hero :clap:
Dave... trust me, I'm no one special. :lol: :wave:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:08 am
Excalibur Extreme...

Ultra-compact and lightweight for maneuverability and comfort in any hunting scenario
CeaseFire ensures your crossbow will not fire unless an arrow is loaded, safety is off, and the trigger is pulled.
Excalibur’s legendary design and technology produce the most rugged and reliable crossbow in its class.
Best in class trigger system mirrors the performance and feel of today’s best match-grade rifle triggers
Features Micro High-Output Express Limbs for increased durability and performance
That, to me is just marketing hype…how is it “different” from any of the others? Not much is my guess…
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hillcountry wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:51 am
AJ01 wrote:
Excalibur Extreme...

That, to me is just marketing hype…how is it “different” from any of the others? Not much is my guess…
It's a straight up hunting bow, that is equipt with HO Limbs and the ceasefire trigger. Light weight, no frills all muscle and bullet proof.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

janesy wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:48 am
Hillcountry wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:51 am
AJ01 wrote:
Excalibur Extreme...

It's a straight up hunting bow, that is equipt with HO Limbs and the ceasefire trigger. Light weight, no frills all muscle and bullet proof.
I like no frills…👍
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

At the risk of being somewhat redundant... :eusa-doh:

One simply has to look at the color to know it's "No Frills". It's made to perform in all hunting situations, NOT win "beauty contest".
I do feel the FDE is a "clean slate" for anyone wishing to "color things up" to their own personal preferences.
IF I were buying a new bow, (AND I AM NOT), I'd give this bow a long, hard look.
I think the 360 fps is the "sweet spot" for Micro style crossbow platforms.

With all the quotations thrown in the above paragraph, I'm sounding more and more like an ad for Excalibur!! :roll:
Perhaps I have finally dropped over the edge??? :crazy:

One thing about being crazy is that you met new and exciting people every day!!
And with that being said... What IS my name and where am I...?? :wtf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

All jokes, puns and sarcasms are intended for my pleasure only!! :eusa-naughty: :mrgreen:

Repugnantly Yours!! :mrgreen:
AJ
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Call me boring but I prefer black bows! Lol

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:37 am

At the risk of being somewhat redundant... :eusa-doh:

One simply has to look at the color to know it's "No Frills". It's made to perform in all hunting situations, NOT win "beauty contest".
I do feel the FDE is a "clean slate" for anyone wishing to "color things up" to their own personal preferences.
IF I were buying a new bow, (AND I AM NOT), I'd give this bow a long, hard look.
I think the 360 fps is the "sweet spot" for Micro style crossbow platforms.

With all the quotations thrown in the above paragraph, I'm sounding more and more like an ad for Excalibur!! :roll:
Perhaps I have finally dropped over the edge??? :crazy:

One thing about being crazy is that you met new and exciting people every day!!
And with that being said... What IS my name and where am I...?? :wtf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

All jokes, puns and sarcasms are intended for my pleasure only!! :eusa-naughty: :mrgreen:

Repugnantly Yours!! :mrgreen:
AJ
I am considering adding some colour to my A400EX. I'm leaning towards more FDE 😆
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:18 pm

Believe me thats not BOREING !!!!!
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
PaulSpain

Post by PaulSpain »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:18 pm

I like them better too, but here in Europe I couldn't find an assassin in that color. :eusa-snooty:
Assassin 400TD