Two german shepards killed and skinned by crossbow hunter.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

Two german shepards killed and skinned by crossbow hunter.

Post by grouse »

I hope he didn't use an Excalibur. This is really disturbing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/hunter-accused-of-killing-skinning-2-german-shepherds-he-thought-were-coyotes-never-my-intent/ar-AA188HEl
axiom
350 SE
Carnivorous

Re: Two german shepards killed and skinned by crossbow hunter.

Post by Carnivorous »

In this day and age nothing surprises me anymore... :sick:

Unbelievable!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Sickening!!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

Utterly disgusting! Even though I ran my dogs on my own properties, I am constantly on guard for idiots who may take a shot at them. I should get flo orange vests but I’m unsure that it would help when you have people brainless enough to shoot a German Shepherd by mistake. If it were ever to happen to one of mine, I’m pretty sure I’d need a lawyer. :evil:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I just can't see it being mistaken identity. Not during daylight hours in bow range. Lifetime hunting ban. He's no hunter.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Speechless :wtf:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I am by no means a "dog person". But that's just some stupid and reckless shooting.

Kind of related to what we tell anyone hunting with us...even if we don't care what deer you shoot, you need to be able to tell EXACTLY what gender/age class of deer you are shooting at. Reason being, if you can identify it as a doe vs doe fawn vs button buck vs buck....then it's guaranteed to be a deer. If you are shooting at something just pretty sure it is a deer, but can't say exactly what gender/age class it is, you could be mistaking it for something that isn't a deer.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

2?!

who in their right mind would shoot 2 German shepherds and then bring the hides to a taxidermist? Shot on the same day? at approx the same time? Imagine what the 2nd one was doing when it was shot. Nothing coyote'ish is my guess.

Not a hunter.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'm thinking that the dog's owner needs a little "alone time" with this idiot!! :twisted: :twisted:

And Boo, I'm with you, I'd need an attorney. A good one!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I'm not ready to start melting tar and looking for feathers.

I really like dogs. My family raised German Shepherds. They come in all colors from entirely white to entirely black, as well as with every color and mixture and blend that's visible to the human eye. Some even look like Rin Tin Tin, or the Littlest Hobo, or even the standard black and tan everybody expects. Before I'd start melting tar, I'd want to know EXACTLY what those two looked like when they were shot.

Next, let's think about what is meant by "coyote". They range all over North America. Is a Texas coyote the same as a Connecticut coyote? I don't know. A few years ago a woman was killed by coyotes in Nova Scotia, and it was concluded that they were "different". As I recall, they were bigger, and certainly unafraid of humans. Coloration details I don't recall. Do they range between Nova Scotia and Connecticut? I don't know.

Where I live, acreage owners living outside of town have to be careful for their outdoor pets. If you keep Rover tied up in the back yard so he can't get the chance to pee on the neighbor's step, better bring him inside at night. Otherwise the wolves will leave you a few tufts of fur and the collar and chain for a keepsake.

Normally, it would be much easier to mistake a timber wolf for a German Shepherd. They both have variations of colors and sizes that can spill over back and forth. Normally, a coyote should be easy to distinguish. But what do coyotes look like where he was hunting?

It would also be helpful to know details of the events that lead up to the shootings.

Skinning out a pelt takes a fair bit of effort, and there's no market for dog pelts. So, I'm not ready yet to consider that the dogs were skinned to be proof of even more nefarious intentions.

I'm sorry for the family who lost their pets. Depending on what other information is forthcoming, I just MIGHT be willing to say to the shooter " You poor, dumb, bas**rd."
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hi5 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:25 pm
I'm not ready to start melting tar and looking for feathers.

I really like dogs. My family raised German Shepherds. They come in all colors from entirely white to entirely black, as well as with every color and mixture and blend that's visible to the human eye. Some even look like Rin Tin Tin, or the Littlest Hobo, or even the standard black and tan everybody expects. Before I'd start melting tar, I'd want to know EXACTLY what those two looked like when they were shot.

Next, let's think about what is meant by "coyote". They range all over North America. Is a Texas coyote the same as a Connecticut coyote? I don't know. A few years ago a woman was killed by coyotes in Nova Scotia, and it was concluded that they were "different". As I recall, they were bigger, and certainly unafraid of humans. Coloration details I don't recall. Do they range between Nova Scotia and Connecticut? I don't know.

Where I live, acreage owners living outside of town have to be careful for their outdoor pets. If you keep Rover tied up in the back yard so he can't get the chance to pee on the neighbor's step, better bring him inside at night. Otherwise the wolves will leave you a few tufts of fur and the collar and chain for a keepsake.

Normally, it would be much easier to mistake a timber wolf for a German Shepherd. They both have variations of colors and sizes that can spill over back and forth. Normally, a coyote should be easy to distinguish. But what do coyotes look like where he was hunting?

It would also be helpful to know details of the events that lead up to the shootings.

Skinning out a pelt takes a fair bit of effort, and there's no market for dog pelts. So, I'm not ready yet to consider that the dogs were skinned to be proof of even more nefarious intentions.

I'm sorry for the family who lost their pets. Depending on what other information is forthcoming, I just MIGHT be willing to say to the shooter " You poor, dumb, bas**rd."
I agree, I think there's an awful lot more going on that we are not privy too.

Sad story either way.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

These are them, maybe with a rifle i could buy the bs, but for a bow you would see the collars that they appear to wear. Ive shot some yotes but none looked like this and the guy shot both. Even if maybe he was PO'd at these two for running deer or escaping yet again it takes a special type to shoot a persons pet.

tar & feathers.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
janesy

Post by janesy »

Delete
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

The term ( Crossbow Hunter )
was extremely misused in my opinion, :eusa-snooty:

Dave :eusa-doh:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

He was trespassing. He forged a document giving him permission to hunt on the land. He skinned the 2 GSDs so it’s kinda hard to miss the fact the the male had no testicles and the female was fixed but he still brought the hides to a taxidermist. Both of those medical procedures leave abundant evidence. Coyotes have a definite difference in physique, especially the tail and muzzle, and gait compared to a GSD.
We live in free societies so call it a mistake if you want but some mistakes are punished by law because of gross negligence especially when other laws are committed in combination.
Some people just like stepping on rakes