Excalibur Beacon Illuminated Nock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Excalibur Beacon Illuminated Nock

Post by janesy »

This is a game changer here. Very well designed product. Should be available shortly.

Copy and paste below

https://youtu.be/14962GLAVK0
Last edited by janesy on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
PaulSpain

Re: Excalibur Beacon Illuminated Nock

Post by PaulSpain »

janesy wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:08 pm
This is a game changer here. Very well designed product. Should be available shortly.

https://youtu.be/14962GLAVK0
How good does that look!!! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
Assassin 400TD
Normous

Post by Normous »

Here are 6 Custom Zombie shafts with Excalibur's new Beacon with on/off switch I built for a customer recently.
2 PINK and one GREY fletching in 18" , spine indexed at 340 gr without point.
If anyone in CANADA is looking for a custom arrow BEE or BEZ .001 featuring the new Beacon you are welcome to PM me.
Spine indexed, squared, custom cut length and fletching options available.

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

They definitely work . They are a dream to turn off .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Best lighted nocks hands down!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

They look good in video ..My go to illuminated nock has been Firenocks , bright , replaceable battery ..easy on and off . Are these Beacon nocks as good ?

Can they be used with arrows used on older bows without the anti dry fire insert ?
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Norman,
As always, great looking arrows!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Farmer wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:32 am
They look good in video ..My go to illuminated nock has been Firenocks , bright , replaceable battery ..easy on and off . Are these Beacon nocks as good ?

Can they be used with arrows used on older bows without the anti dry fire insert ?
They'll work all the same in a standard trigger unit, an Assassin trigger unit, and a Ceasefire trigger unit.

2007 Phoenix and 2023 Wolverine compatibility.

Pretty rare these days to have a company innovate and maintain backwards compatibility at the same time.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Forgive my ignorance, I'm not familiar with the new style nocks, but what is the nubs on the back? do these require the arrow/nock to be aligned with the string?

Will they fail to light up if they are not?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
grouse

Post by grouse »

They look great and I'll likely buy some, but they seem to be very expensive. The only price I could find was $39.95 at Wyvern's. I assume that will be for 3 nocks (it did not say) or a little over $13 per nock. With a $13 broadhead on an $8 arrow we're shooting $34 that may hit a rock or tree. When I first started bow hunting many years ago, I shot cedar arrows and Zwickey Black Diamond broadheads. I'm not sure what the total cost was, but I would bet no more than $3. We've come a long way in quality and price.
axiom
350 SE
janesy

Post by janesy »

grouse wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:57 am
They look great and I'll likely buy some, but they seem to be very expensive. The only price I could find was $39.95 at Wyvern's. I assume that will be for 3 nocks (it did not say) or a little over $13 per nock. With a $13 broadhead on an $8 arrow we're shooting $34 that may hit a rock or tree. When I first started bow hunting many years ago, I shot cedar arrows and Zwickey Black Diamond broadheads. I'm not sure what the total cost was, but I would bet no more than $3. We've come a long way in quality and price.
That's right in line price wise with all other nocks.

Aerovane is twice that.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

one shot scott wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:13 am
Forgive my ignorance, I'm not familiar with the new style nocks, but what is the nubs on the back? do these require the arrow/nock to be aligned with the string?

Will they fail to light up if they are not?
The red part spins relatively easy inside the aluminum piece. You align the switch with the cock vane and it aligns with the string. As I mentioned on another site. I would assume, but I haven't checked, I bet if the nock is only out by a few degrees it would pretty much self align on the first shot.

To answer the question tho, I assume the nubs just allow the string to recess into the nock enough to engage the ball, without taking away the benefits of a flat nock.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
grouse

Post by grouse »

janesy wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:39 am
grouse wrote:

Aerovane is twice that.
I just looked online and Lmenoks run around $31 for 3 and other brands are as low as $21. I don't really care much, I only shoot them at deer and turkeys and I don't think I've ever taken more than three shots in one season. Most of the time the nock is re-useable, even if the arrow is trashed. Forty dollars works for me if I decide they're better. The annual cost is minimal. (I haven't bought any new lighted nocks for 3 or 4 years).
axiom
350 SE
janesy

Post by janesy »

grouse wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:38 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:39 am
grouse wrote:

Aerovane is twice that.
I just looked online and Lmenoks run around $31 for 3 and other brands are as low as $21. I don't really care much, I only shoot them at deer and turkeys and I don't think I've ever taken more than three shots in one season. Most of the time the nock is re-useable, even if the arrow is trashed. Forty dollars works for me if I decide they're better. The annual cost is minimal. (I haven't bought any new lighted nocks for 3 or 4 years).
Ya, in reality for most people, it's probably a non issue. But for avid shooters and or people just getting equipt now with new gear, it only makes sense to use these.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Anyone know the weight of the nock w/insert? Just wondering.

I've been shooting cheap nocks out of my verticals with a similar on/off switch and they have performed flawlessly. I like the way the back of these have texture and aren't perfectly flat. That should help minimize partial dry fires from a glossy flat nock.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: