Wolverine: First Impression

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Wolverine: First Impression

Post by DuckHunt »

After achieving some success as a used crossbow salesman, :lol: I was finally able to justify bringing another one home. You really start to find out what matters to you when it comes time to put things on the chopping block.

As much as I like the Micro 380, the Wolverine is impressive. It's hard to get beyond the beauty of it rocking it's classic camo pattern and wood accents. It will fit in perfectly in a tree stand.
The bow went together with the single riser bolt. A few minute laters it was topped with my chosen optic which in this case is a Hawke XB1 SR. As compared to the Micro 380, the Wolverine is rated a tad slower at 360 fps but it includes a rubber covered stirrup and arrow retainer. The Wolverine also has a black hood on the quiver where the Micro 380 is camo.

As expected, cocking was a tad easier on the Wolverine than on the Micro 380. I loaded up a ProFlight arrow weighing 353 grains for the first shot. It crossed the chrony at 352 fps which is great considering all of the sound dampening was still installed. Then I removed the sound deadening features from the limbs. That allowed the arrow to cross the chrony at 359 fps. Since many shoot arrows in the 400 grain range, I topped the ProFlight with a 150 grain tip to give it a total weight of 403 grains. It crossed the chrony at 340 fps at that weight.

I removed the stock string and installed a nice flemish string. Then loaded up one of my custom hunting arrows that weighs 470 grains. My hunting arrows cross the chrony at 310 fps and they land with authority. The bag target was straining to stop it.

The trigger is quite simply the best I've fired. When firing a few broadheads at 40 yards, I was actually surprised by the break on one occasion. It's smooth and crisp. The accuracy is just as you would expect, excellent.

Here are a few more photos at different angles.

I'm not settled on the scope yet, but I wouldn't change a thing about the rest of the package. The Wolverine is a great looking bow that is fun to shoot. When equipped with a good string and proper arrows, the sound is quite tame and it hits with authority. I can't wait to get it into the woods this fall while rocking the hat that comes in the package.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Normous

Re: Wolverine: First Impression

Post by Normous »

Absolutely stunning looking and performance is right there where it should be. Got anything else to sell/chop while your good at it?
I think a good looking Huskemaw scope up top might add extra extra wide grins.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I must admit, when I first saw the "old school camo", I was not inspired by it. But as time has elapsed, it has begun to grow on me. :wink:
I like the 360 platform very much. I keep telling myself I do NOT need a new bow. :eusa-snooty: However, this one might change my mind in the future.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

It is a very nice looking bow and first class too! I'm still not buying one. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Very cool bow for sure!! Congrats!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Those HO Express micro limbs on a mid speed bow has to be one of Excals best decisions in a long time. If I were a betting man, I'd put a lot of $$ on these things developing a reputation as being just as reliable as the Exo series.

Ceasefire trigger unit really seems to be proving itself as well.

Never have I felt so far behind the curve with my current stable...
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

If I were to buy another Xbow that would be the one.
It looks great to my eyes.
Congratulations on the new bow :mrgreen:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.