Maybe it's just me....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Maybe it's just me....

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I've been waiting for Ruger to release their Marlin 336 in 30-30. I don't really need one but you know how that goes. Well, I found one at Academy. Nice gun but they wanted $1000 for it. I just can't see paying that much for a 30-30. I might be living in the past, but I think 3 years ago, I could pick one up for $450 and that was with a scope. Just seems too much for me. Haven't looked at other guns to see if they jumped up in price but I guess it's just the sign of the times that everything is going up in price. Some bread I buy at Walmart for .88 is now $1.78. I might have to unretire and "get a paper route to have some spending money." Maybe it's just me but I miss the old days... even if was just 2years ago. Have a good one ya'll!!
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
janesy

Re: Maybe it's just me....

Post by janesy »

I spent $1600 on a mint marlin 336 SpikeHorn about 6 months ago. Its for my daughters 18th. She's 6 now. So what will that go for in another 12 years?

Its gotten rediculous, but it is what it is. Have to oay to play because everyone else is.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

A friend of mine “ gun shows”. I went a month or so back and sat down behind his tables to visit. He had a Marlin on the rack that had sold at Montgomery Ward so it said Westernfield on it instead of Marlin. He ask folks $750 for it and while none of them bought it, they didn’t blink either! I can’t believe the prices on all guns now. Amazing !
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

You will pay about $1000 for a Henry and that is if you can find one to buy they are hot sellers these days.
I have not handled a new Ruger/ Marlin yet but have herd nothing but rave reviews on them.
I do not think they will be coming down in price any time soon.
I think it is crazy to spend $2.000 on a X-Bow but people do so maybe the Marlin is not so bad.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

It's not just you. And it's just as bad with ammo. Cheap 12ga shells to bust clays were $5.48US/box at Walmart a few years ago. Now they are double that. Shooting in general is becoming a rich man's sport. Two years ago I canceled my range membership because I could no longer find components to reload. You can't buy what isn't available.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

When I was at Bass Pro some guns would increase in price $10 to $20 dollars every year or so but $400 to $500 is just too much. Then again, if you have to have it, there's no other choice. I'm glad I have everything I need but the want is killing me right now! Sorry I'm just venting a little. As long as I'm breathing, I'll consider it a win. Can't wait for hunting season where I can relax and just be one with one of Gods greatest creation...nature.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"