Rhino vs Beacon weights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Nitro

Rhino vs Beacon weights

Post by Nitro »

Hi folks,
I have a Mag 340 and am interested in 18" Pro flights with 150 grain Bolt cutters/ field points. I'm considering getting a 6 pack with Rhino nocks and a 3 pack with Beacons for hunting. What difference can I expect because of the different weight nocks? And if it would be better to add weight to the Rhinos, how? And is it difficult to get the nock off without damaging the bolt? Thanks. j-p
Normous

Re: Rhino vs Beacon weights

Post by Normous »

Rhino lighted nocks weigh 31 grains for both the Rhino bushing and lighted unit.

THE LIGHTED RHINO Bushing weighs 11 gr and the lighted unit is 20 gr - total 31 gr

You will need to make up a difference of 20 gr to uniform the arrow weight between the two "provided" the supplied non lighted Rhino nock arrow weighs 11gr.

I don't have a regular/standard rhino nock to weigh. A grain scale will tell you the weight difference in exact grains between the lighted and non lighted arrows.

Nocks are glue in.
POI likely will not be significant at normal 30 y or less deer ranges between the lighted and non lighted arrow offerings from Excal.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Nitro

Re: Rhino vs Beacon weights

Post by Nitro »

Thank you.