Which Cocking Device??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Which Cocking Device??

Post by Big Woods »

I have a micro 340 and rarely use it. When I have used it I have always used the manual rope cocker. Unfortunately I have a torn rotator cuff and I think I will need to buy a crank-style cocking device to get through this season. i'm going to try to make it through the season and have surgery right after. Would the Charger Lite Cocking Aid be the preferred model or is there something better out there?

Thank You!
Brady
Boo

Re: Which Cocking Device??

Post by Boo »

The Charger Lite is the way to go. It is more simple to attach and detach, lighter, smaller and cheaper. The drawback is that it is does not have a silent anti-reverse and there is no rope retraction. I have both and would have easily bought the Lite if it was available at the time.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Agreed on the Charger Lite. I'm seriously considering getting one, to use as my primary and save the wear and tear on my Charger EXT and save it for hunting only.

You might be surprised what you can still rope cock with a torn rotator cuff. My brother tore his as well, but can still rope cock his HO limb'd excalibur.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Lonewolf McQuade

Post by Lonewolf McQuade »

I bought the Charger Lite a couple months ago for my Mag 340 & like it a lot. I had my left shoulder & bicep operated on a couple years ago & now my right is jacked up. I can still rope cock but it's not pleasant feeling after a few times! Decided to buy the crank, wish I would have sooner.

For the $$, the Charger Lite crank was a great choice for me.