Ten Years?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

Ten Years?

Post by racking up points »

Where does the time go? Ten summers ago I was fed up with the Horton crossbow I’d purchased (it was a Fury and if anyone owned one you know what I’m talking about), and I was looking for reliable alternatives. With some research on the forum, I was guided toward the Matrix 380. I loved that bow. It was to be the first of 4 Excaliburs I’d own, all of them customized from butt pad to stirrup.

It’s been ten years since I joined this community and it’s one of the best hunting decisions I’ve ever made. I want to thank all the members for sharing their time and expertise. I’m very fortunate to have made some great friends and share time in the field with them. I don’t post as much as I used to, but I still read everything. I hope everyone is doing well and wish you all the best. Here’s to the next 10 years! 🍻
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
AJ01

Re: Ten Years?

Post by AJ01 »

racking up points wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:24 am
It’s been ten years since I joined this community and it’s one of the best hunting decisions I’ve ever made. I want to thank all the members for sharing their time and expertise. I’m very fortunate to have made some great friends and share time in the field with them. I don’t post as much as I used to, but I still read everything. I hope everyone is doing well and wish you all the best. Here’s to the next 10 years! 🍻
It hasn't been 10 years ... yet. :lol:
But this post above pretty much sums up my experience with the folks on this Forum. An absolute great group of outdoorsmen.
Always sharing ideas and new equipment ideas.
And always ready with helping hand.

Give yourselves a round of applause!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :eusa-dance:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

My journey a little longer. In 2009 Texas changed the regulations to where you could use a crossbow during regular archery season. After looking and talking to folks I made a great decision to buy an Exomax. I have been welcomed by all here, helped and even gifted things from folks I had at the time never met. Buying an Excalibur and joining this forum were some of my better decisions. I have some good friends here and made some great memories at Boofest getting to meet some of y’all in person. And while the bows have changed I still think Excalibur is the best around. As for modding the bows, I’m not sure I have ever left one stock.😊
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

12 years ago for me.
I had given up bow hunting due to repeated and serious shoulder injuries.
Missed it terribly.
Then one of my Buddies suggested I try a crossbow - something I had not considered up to then.

By fortunate circumstance, a DU Ibex was being offered at our local DU / Salmon Enhancement dinner.
I successfully bid on it, and joined up here right after that.

That bow wandered on to another member here, in trade for his ExoMax.
Which in turn went to a buddy when I collected my Matrix 380.
I am extremely happy with the latter, and am not looking to replace it.

The many folks I have met here have all been information, friendly and just all-round fine folks!
Enjoy this Community, and plan to stick around as long as I am able.

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Feb of 2019 for me, so 4.5 years. I remember prior to joining I was still putting protective caps on my string bumpers on my Vortex. Had always kept my brace height in between the lines since I got the bow in 2008, but on that one being in between the lines meant digging into the bumpers at rest (I added the S5's as soon as they came out a few years after I got the Vortex). So I just found some caps that protected the bumpers when I wasn't using the bow. I was so clueless that I didn't even know that I should just twist my string more and get it off the bumpers, and all would be fine. Took those lines way too seriously, I guess. So that was my first reason to join the forum, couldn't find any info on the S5's and brace height elsewhere so I joined so I could ask. Now that Vortex is an Ibex after a rail swap, and there are now 7 other Excals in the family (me, my dad, and 2 brothers) that we've added since 2019, none of which have remained unmodified (2 of which were built from spares). Been a fun 4 years ;)
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I've been a member here for 18 years! Hard to belive... :)

I will always have an Excalibur or 2. You just can't beat the simplicity... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Have owned at least one for 34 years . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Life has changed big time since joining forum but the Crossbows not so much. Crossbows are faster and smaller but same principle. Got many hobbies and have no time to do them all. Never played computer games in my life, until age 63 and got myself a dedicated racing simulator with triple screens that surround me in the cockpit to add to the mix. It gets me out of bed at 5am to have some quiet time lone. Not the sick wife grumbling at me through the day it is my crew chief yelling at me to go faster. LOL CHEERS!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Joined Nov. 4th, 2011, even though it shows 2015
on my avitor, or whatever that description is on the right,
Bought my Equinox in 2010 and still have it to this day,
everyone is right when they say this forum has many
great members on it :clap: i have been treated very well
by the members and the staff at Excal. over the years, my
hunting days are about over at 81 but my memories
will live on through this forum, :(
Keep on, Keeping on folks I'll be hunting through your
Post,s :clap: :clap:

Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

My first Excalibur (Exomax) was my first crossbow.I brought it home shot it a few times went hunting a few days later and killed a doe, been hooked ever since. Joined the group a year later. That was another good choice I made. 2009-Now