Are you ready?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Are you ready?

Post by Boo »

I just got my kill plot planted and that’s it! I have not readied one bow yet. I’ve been way too busy here at home and it’s getting in the way of hunting! I barely have enough time to fart!🫢
How is everyone else doing? Is your bow ready? Do you have arras? How is your hunting grounds?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Re: Are you ready?

Post by wheelsquad »

Lack of rain wrecked our early August planted plots. So we'll plant winter rye in this 1st week of Sept. Just took the 2 hunting bows out last couple weeks. They've been shooting great too. Decided to tighten up my riser to rail joint fit too. Not that I had accuracy issues beforehand. Just nice to now know they go back together EXACTLY the same as prior to taking it apart.

Gotta do some work figuring out a better method to conceal myself when hunting with the Rig.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Always an exciting time of year for sure!! The Halloween decorations are in the stores now, college football starts this weekend, and deer seasons have started to open... I love it!! I think I'll be taking my little Vixen hunting next... got some Swhacker #262's set up for it,,, they have a Ramcat vibe to them. It's been a few years since the Vixen has tasted blood... so it's time!! :evil: :eusa-dance:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Good luck to all :thumbup:
Be safe and "ENJOY"

Dave :eusa-popcorn:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:29 pm
Lack of rain wrecked our early August planted plots. So we'll plant winter rye in this 1st week of Sept. Just took the 2 hunting bows out last couple weeks. They've been shooting great too. Decided to tighten up my riser to rail joint fit too. Not that I had accuracy issues beforehand. Just nice to now know they go back together EXACTLY the same as prior to taking it apart.

Gotta do some work figuring out a better method to conceal myself when hunting with the Rig.
It’s gotta be real late to be too late to plant kale.
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:

I bought a “ghillies” poncho a while back. Should work for you.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Been busy at work and we leave early tomorrow for the weekend to Wichita Falls for the Hotter Than Hell bike ride. Get home Saturday afternoon late and leave for Anchorage and a cruise Wednesday. Colton and I drew out for deer the first two weekends at one of the area lakes. I will have about three weeks after we get home to scout. AND its been a Hunnerd and Six PLUS forever. Come on October! But....to answer your question...Born Ready!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I don't normally plant my carrot pile until mid October.
This year I'm going to give it a go with the Very Compound maybe if I can get myself confident. So Il likely have to cut some new stuff.

But ya, the Hatchet and the A400EX are ready to rock. Actually the A400EX is in pieces still but soon.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Knight

Post by Knight »

Looking for a new scope for a Micro 335.

Then I will be ready.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Knight wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:13 pm

Then I will be ready.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
The Huskemaw Crossfield 4x is the best crossbow scope I've used to date. Built under the same roof as Nightforce using premium glass with excellent edge to edge clarity.
Huskemaw with make you a custom elevation yardage turret to 100+ yards if you order direct. The red and green fine dot is perfect for dawn and dusk.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Boo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:51 pm
wheelsquad wrote:

I bought a “ghillies” poncho a while back. Should work for you.
Yep that is definitely part of the setup I'm considering 👍
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm still waiting on a couple extra packs of Tooth of the Arrow heads to arrive to fill a quiver, but I'm otherwise ready. I've got two vertical bows and two crossbows dialed in. Last Sunday I hung the last two hang-on stands and finalized the other two by tightening straps and placing new cushions. I forgot to put a pull up rope on one, but we won't go back up the mountain until opening morning (2 Sep) so we'll just have to deal with that on the spot.

We'll be hunting doe only all of September and its a gun season, but we'll be using archery just to have more time in the woods with bows. This week, the doe have been fairly consistent passing a trail camera near my newest stand location in a thicket. I'm seeing them about 8:15-8:30am, then again about an hour before sunset. I can't wait to sling an arrow. I've got a doe with a dark face that is on the top of my hit list.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Knight wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:13 pm

Then I will be ready.

Any suggestions?
I’ve got Leupold VXIII 1.5-5 with an illuminated reticle on my Micro 335.

As far as getting ready for hunting season, it’s been too dang hot to do much so far, but I’m planning to go to my place in Oklahoma in the next week or so to get the roads and food plot sites mowed out.

I shot my main hunting crossbow (Stryker Offspring) when I was up there a couple weeks ago, and as far as it goes, I’m ready to get in a stand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'm ready, however, the weather is not!! Yesterday up at Lake Bob Sandlin the heat index reached 112 degrees. :wtf:
Pray tell, how does one hunt in that?
As they say, "this too shall pass".
And to borrow a phrase from a fellow Texan.... "I was born ready"!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by AJ01 on Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Nope, not ready at all. I start getting excited when it gets close to rut. Here that would be the end of October and running roughly two weeks. The 4th 5th and 6th being the sweet spot.