Restringing aid slipping.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

Restringing aid slipping.

Post by Big Pard »

I just replaced the string in my Micro 335 with the stringing aid and as I was shooting I noticed the string was stretching alittle so I went to take it off and put a couple twists in it but my stringing aid would slip as I tried to cock it and take tension of the string…. Any ideas?
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Hi5

Re: Restringing aid slipping.

Post by Hi5 »

Not sure I understand.

Do you mean that the stringing aid cord stretched too much and that prevented you from taking enough pressure off your bowstring?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I've had this happen before. After you set it for length, just tie an additional knot on each tail so that the tail can't be pulled under the parts that are fed through the holes.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

I know they slip a little but maybe the cord is routed incorrectly? Also, a too many guys don't know that you install the ends over the limb tips then take out all the slack between the ends.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Boo wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:15 pm
I know they slip a little but maybe the cord is routed incorrectly? Also, a too many guys don't know that you install the ends over the limb tips then take out all the slack between the ends.
Both mine and my brother's 3-hole excalibur aid slips pretty much every time under micro limb loads, whether we pull out all excess slack or not. So we have to add the stopper knots. But the 4-hole Danny Miller aid.... Never a slip. Thought I had heard at one time that's why that one was designed 🤷‍♂️
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Normous

Post by Normous »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:59 pm
Boo wrote:
Both mine and my brother's 3-hole excalibur aid slips pretty much every time under micro limb loads, whether we pull out all excess slack or not. So we have to add the stopper knots. But the 4-hole Danny Miller aid.... Never a slip. Thought I had heard at one time that's why that one was designed 🤷‍♂️
Like the Danny Miller 4 holer aid !
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelsquad wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:59 pm
Boo wrote:
Yes, Danny refined my 4 hole design. The difference being the shape of the limb hole.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Thanks for all the replies. I will add another knot.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Hi5 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:26 am
Not sure I understand.

Do you mean that the stringing aid cord stretched too much and that prevented you from taking enough pressure off your bowstring?
When I would put on the stringing aid and take all the slack out, I would go to “cock” it to take tension off the string but the stringing cord would slip in the plastic ends attached to the limbs.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Boo wrote:
I think it’s routed correctly as I haven’t messed with it from the factory. I did remove the slack after putting the ends on the limbs. It didn’t slip when I put the new string on so I guessed the added stress of having to flex the limbs alittle more may be enough to cause it to slip??? I will try another knot but may order a 4 hole stringer.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
artifact

Post by artifact »

Instead of using just a simple overhand knot on the stringing aid, you could try using a figure 8 knot.
Boo

Post by Boo »

What ever knot you tie, it has to be easily undone because done properly, you can't take the ends off the limbs when the cord is at the right length on a Micro.
Normous

Post by Normous »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Boo wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 am
What ever knot you tie, it has to be easily undone because done properly, you can't take the ends off the limbs when the cord is at the right length on a Micro.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just got another call today from someone who couldn't get a new string on. The stringing aid was put on with all the slack taken out and when the limbs were pulled back then relaxed, there was magically lots of slack in the cord. I think that was phone call number 5 this year about the same thing.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just got text to say that my advice worked. I told him to use a half bow knot instead of a regular knot