Restringing aid slipping.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Restringing aid slipping.

Post by Boo »

I thought some might be interested to see the various designs. Image
I’m betting that something can be done to make the OE stringing aid work better (other than a temporary knot). I don’t own one but I’ll check it out when I get my hands on one.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

The short Micro limbs make a string change or adjustment a bit more difficult. The tolerances involved are small. I you shorten your restringer cord too much, you won't be able to get the plastic block over the limb tips. However, if the cord isn't darned short, you won't retract the limbs back far enough to be able to change or adjust bowstring length.

My suspicion is that the restringer cord may be stretching, and a tiny bit could be critical. There may be another issue which compounds the problem. Using the trigger latch to hold the restringer cord back in place will allow the limbs to relax a tiny bit from when you were drawing it back. The cocking aid hooks run alongside the rail and that creates a shorter string radius than the trigger latch does. That means the limbs are retracted a tiny bit further.

If you use a crank cocking aid, use it rather than the trigger latch to hold the limbs retracted. That retracts the limbs a tiny, but critical, extra bit. That little bit makes a difference. Just changed my string and made adjustments to it as it settled in.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Boo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:36 am
I thought some might be interested to see the various designs. Image
I’m betting that something can be done to make the OE stringing aid work better (other than a temporary knot). I don’t own one but I’ll check it out when I get my hands on one.
I have a standard one (metal with overmolded plastic) that I have considered drilling a 4th hole into. I think this conversation is the last bit of motivation I need to give that a try finally.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Thanks all. TBH I didn’t know one needed to tie a knot in the stringing aid after taking the slack out while on the bow. I have been relying on the tension created by the stringing aid being woven into the 3 holes in the end pieces. Where can I order a 4 hole stringing aid?
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Boo

Post by Boo »

Big Pard wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:51 pm
Thanks all. TBH I didn’t know one needed to tie a knot in the stringing aid after taking the slack out while on the bow. I have been relying on the tension created by the stringing aid being woven into the 3 holes in the end pieces. Where can I order a 4 hole stringing aid?
Assuming you’re in the US. Danny Miller 1 (740) 483-2312
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

Thanks Boo. Just got off the phone with Dan. Super nice gentleman.
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Normous

Post by Normous »

Danny is the BEST!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Big Pard wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:09 pm
Thanks Boo. Just got off the phone with Dan. Super nice gentleman.
Yes he is Pard! :lol: :lol: :lol: There are few people as nice as Danny. He hates to see anyone waste their money and he’ll tell you if he thinks you are. He gets in trouble now and then with people who can’t take the truth :mrgreen: . Danny is Excalibur’s string maker and has been from almost the beginning. He is instrumental in Excalibur’s success without question. If you ever get a chance to visit him, ya just gotta do it and ask to see his bows. It’s truly stunning! We talk pretty much every week or more about industry news and gossip as well as technical stuff. There’s no better man. Danny is legend!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Big Pard wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:51 pm
You're not supposed to need to tie an extra knot in the factory stringer. But reality is the string under the loops doesn't always hold well enough for the stiffer limbs we have now.

Glad you got a 4 hole coming and got to talk to Danny.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360