Assasin Extreme Initial Thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Assasin Extreme Initial Thoughts

Post by Species8472 »

About a week or two ago i gave in and picked up an Assasin Extreme.

Two words - "Love it."

Best factory trigger on any Excal i have owned to date (this is number 7). Crisp, clean and light.

Equipped with the Overwatch Scope - Best factory optic so far as well. This may be the first Excal scope i don't strip off and upgrade - time will tell and reveal how it holds up. Not as good as the leupy Mark 4 on my Matrix 380 but then again the Mark 4 is worth more than the bow so not a fair comparison.

Built in cocker took a little getting used to as i have always cocked by hand and never used one before. But think i have gotten the hang of it. Wrist strap took the most getting used to.

With the dampers on the limbs and string it is the smoothest and quietest out of my collection of 7.

Sighted in easy peasy and came with 4 Black Eagle pro flight bolts. These are the first Excal factory bolts i will hunt with. In the past just used the factory bolts for targets and alway upgraded to Black Eagles to hunt so this was a nice touch. In fact i think this will be the first bow i have ever taken into the field in a 100% factory configuration.

Fit and finish were excellent and this bow shoulders really well.

So barring any future disasters this has now claimed the spot as my favorite.

A few pics

Last edited by Species8472 on Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
mr meat

Re: Assasin Extreme Initial Thoughts

Post by mr meat »

Great looking bow
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Congratulations...yea it's really hard not to tinker with stuff but as you said ...maby just leave it for now.
Sometimes the factory gets it right.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Its a beauty !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Tinker with it! Great choice Species! Mine quickly moved to be my primary as well

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme