Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

OT: CBC Anti Hunting Article

Post by IronNoggin »

Surprise Surprise...

I grew up around firearms. Now my son wants to hunt, and I'm reluctant

I want to be a supportive parent but my son’s passions are no longer mine

But somewhere along the way, my interests changed, or maybe I no longer wanted to prowl in the cold for an animal to kill. I started practising yoga. These days, when I'm at a restaurant, I usually order a vegetarian meal. I enjoy meat, but I could easily go on without it. I love and respect animals and have no illusions about where meat comes from.

Batinić’s interest in hunting has waned and he has taken up yoga.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/first-person-hunting-and-firearms-1.7057425
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
grouse

Re: OT: CBC Anti Hunting Article

Post by grouse »

I didn't invent the food chain but I'm happy to be at the top of it. Animals don't die of old age if we leave them alone. They die of starvation, disease or from attacks from other predators. The deer that became the meat in my freezer were born free and lived their entire lives free. They converted the corn and soybeans in our crop fields into healthy protein. I prefer the meat of wild game to meat from animals kept in feed lots or other confined animal operations. I wish I didn't have to kill an animal to enjoy its meat, but I have to, and I accept that. I turn a lot of fish loose when I fish but I fillet a lot of them and enjoy the fillets.

Before civilization we evolved for many thousands of years as hunter gatherers. It's in our DNA and we get satisfaction from securing our own food. That's why I like to grow tomatoes and pick blackberries as well as hunt and fish.

As long as I'm physically able I will hunt and fish.
axiom
350 SE
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

grouse wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:36 am
I didn't invent the food chain but I'm happy to be at the top of it. Animals don't die of old age if we leave them alone. They die of starvation, disease or from attacks from other predators. The deer that became the meat in my freezer were born free and lived their entire lives free. They converted the corn and soybeans in our crop fields into healthy protein. I prefer the meat of wild game to meat from animals kept in feed lots or other confined animal operations. I wish I didn't have to kill an animal to enjoy its meat, but I have to, and I accept that. I turn a lot of fish loose when I fish but I fillet a lot of them and enjoy the fillets.

Before civilization we evolved for many thousands of years as hunter gatherers. It's in our DNA and we get satisfaction from securing our own food. That's why I like to grow tomatoes and pick blackberries as well as hunt and fish.

As long as I'm physically able I will hunt and fish.
I feel exactly the same as you have stated here .
It is my hunting and fishing that have given me my love for the wild places and the things that live their, these places have great value to me and it is a border line crime in my mind when we take a wild place and pave it over for a strip mall and quick profit.
It seams like it is ok to destroy any ecosystem as long as their is a profit to be made and taxed.
Unfortunately I feel we have destroyed so much of the forest and other eco systems they are on the brink of collapse hence the global weather extremes we are having.
We need to save all old growth areas that remain and get back to a low impact life style or we are going to have a global reset on the planet and man may end up the way of the hundreds of thousands of extinct species before us.
It seams like stating the obvious that all life forms are interconnected and depend on a healthy eco system and the balance maintained in one of the soil , air , water, vegetation ect .
But many people seam to have lost sight of this and nothing is being addressed.
We all will pay the price in the long run .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

100 % agree with both of you!! :thumbup:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
TPM

Post by TPM »

Interesting article but I'm failing to see the anti hunting part. :think:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger