New Hampshire and trail camera`s

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

New Hampshire and trail camera`s

Post by Doe Master »

Must be a misprint but the last point for camera`s is disappointing .
ALL NEWS, HABITAT, HUNTING, LAW ENFORCEMENT, LEGISLATIVE, OUTDOOR RECREATION, VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, WILDLIFE
New Laws for Tree Stands and Game Cameras Become Effective January 1
Date: 12/27/2023
Author: nhfishandgame
Marty Mobley: (603) 271-1138
Major Dave Walsh: (603) 271-3127
December 27, 2023

Concord, NH – Law changes governing the installation of tree stands and game cameras in New Hampshire will go into effect on January 1, 2024.

Below is a summary of the changes to RSA 207:36-a, regarding the use of tree stands, observation blinds, and pit blinds:

All tree stands or observation blinds must be labeled with the name and contact information of their owner in a clearly visible manner. Name and contact information shall include either name and address or name and phone number.
A portable or temporary tree stand or observation blind may be used April 25 through June 1 and August 1 through December 31 of a calendar year. All stands and blinds must be removed from the property by June 1, unless allowed by permission from the landowner or designee.
All permanent tree stands or observation blinds require landowner permission.
For a comprehensive list of laws applying to tree stands visit www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XVIII/207/207-36-a.htm.

Below is a summary of the changes to RSA 207:1 and RSA 207:63 regarding the use of game cameras:

All game cameras placed on private property, or on state-owned or state-managed property, must be labeled with the name and contact information of their owner in a manner visible while mounted. Name and contact information shall include either name and address or name and phone number.
No game cameras may be placed on private property without permission of the property owner unless the property owner has posted signage on the property allowing the placement of such cameras. Any such signs must be of durable material with words describing the allowable activity, such as “Game Cameras Allowed,” printed in block letters no less than 2 inches in height, and include the name and contact information of the property owner.
A game camera placed on state-owned or state-managed lands, or on municipally owned property, shall be exempt from requiring landowner permission.
“Game camera” means any device capable of recording, storing, and/or transmitting photographic or video data for any purpose.
A person using a game camera to assist with hunting may not harvest any animal viewed within the same calendar day of remotely viewing that animal from a game camera.
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
AJ01

Re: New Hampshire and trail camera`s

Post by AJ01 »

Glad I live in Texas!! :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

So if you get a morning pic on your cell cam of a nice buck and you go to your stand in the evening, and he comes in, you can't shoot him?

But if you go to your stand, pull your card, see a pic of the same nice buck walk through, you go to your stand and he comes in you can shoot him?

In reality they probably want to ban the cell cams outright, but they love the taxes they collect on the sale of them. This way they get to have there cake and eat it too!
But no cake for you ya peasant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Take care guys, happy new year
✌️😁Hatchet
Boo

Post by Boo »

Too many times new laws come up as a knee jerk reaction to someone doing something to tip the balance in their favour. I’m wondering what that could possibly be? There are blue tooth cams and security systems that could be adapted to hunting. I can’t see a law maker just coming up with something, after all, I think most of them come up short on brain cells
Some people just like stepping on rakes
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Over-regulation, plain and simple.

So I can't put out any type of trail camera or treestand on my private property unless I put my name on them first? Why on earth should I have to put my name on them? They're my property on my property. Ridiculous.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

have a friend out in Utah and all trail cameras were banned last year from what he told me
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:34 am
Too many times new laws come up as a knee jerk reaction to someone doing something to tip the balance in their favour. I’m wondering what that could possibly be? There are blue tooth cams and security systems that could be adapted to hunting. I can’t see a law maker just coming up with something, after all, I think most of them come up short on brain cells
No brain, No cells :!:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Mornin guys!

[url=https://postimg.cc/bDGdtNLC]Image

✌️Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hatchet wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:22 am
Mornin guys!

[url=https://postimg.cc/bDGdtNLC]Image

✌️Hatchet
I agree!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
forrest-hunter

Post by forrest-hunter »

same idiots running our country -
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

It’s only going to get worse. New Hampshire is attached to Massachusetts.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35