Heated Vests

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

Heated Vests

Post by CT.HNTR »

I am seeing that battery powered heated vests are getting more popular and was thinking about trying one next year for those real cold days. Curious who has been using them and if you can share your thoughts on what brands work best along with pro's and con's ??
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Carnivorous

Re: Heated Vests

Post by Carnivorous »

I use a Milwaukee heated vest. Excellent investment that I use often. Excellent battery life and perfect for all day cold sits ..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I bought an Ewool vest and 2 batteries. I couldn’t be happier. Batteries are flat and relatively thin and sit in the small of the back which creates a very minor annoyance but that’s the only complaint. It heats your whole torso as well as your neck. If you buy one, keep in mind that you want it to fit snug.
https://ewool.com/en-US
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I had a Milwaukee heated base layer that I liked but it crapped out on me and they don't make them anymore. I prefer the base layer worn over a light t-shirt.......my thought is that the heat gets to you better as its closer to your skin, but then I've never tried a heated vest so I can't really compare.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Have the Milwaukee heated hoodie,I find it needs to be over top of my first layer or you don’t feel the heat as well. Battery’s are bulky but you get used to them
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

i wear t-shirt or long sleeved shirt, then my Milwaukie heated coat and then my hunting coat and it keeps me toasty. The heated part with keep you warm but not sweating. I have had it for years and has been thru the wash many times and still working
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

I got an Oro heated vest on Amazon last winter.
It was a game changer for me! Especially as I get older, it’s impossible to stay warm in a tree stand after a few hours when I’m not moving, no matter how much clothing I wear. The vest has three heat settings. I rarely use the High setting, mostly the Medium or Low, and it last 4-6 hours at those settings. Cost about $100-120 US.