So what do you all think
The new Excalibur suppressor Extreme
And the REV X

Are these Micros or Matrix platforms ?
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Re: 2 new 2024 Excalibur Crossbows

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Both of new crossbows are utilizing the Micro platform using HO style limbs. I think the RevX is going to sell well, its a cool design that simplifies the cranking process.

Peter
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Here's a promo video of the Rev X. Sweet looking bow!!

https://youtu.be/pNLQeEhNTKk?si=NudkEBB5VaEBx4fe
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Well done on the RevX guys. Looking forward to trying one out, especially decocking it.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:16 am

I want one! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:38 pm
AJ01 wrote:

It's only a matter of time..... :mrgreen:

I'll be honest. That's the first thought that crossed my mind, and then I said to myself, "I just bought a new bow 5 months ago. Excalibur is gonna get me divorced"!! :wtf: :eusa-doh: :eusa-naughty: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:05 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:38 pm
AJ01 wrote:

It's only a matter of time..... :mrgreen:

I'll be honest. That's the first thought that crossed my mind, and then I said to myself, "I just bought a new bow 5 months ago. Excalibur is gonna get me divorced"!! :wtf: :eusa-doh: :eusa-naughty: :lol:
Me too, I call bottom bunk! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Not on here much but here’s some questions for the marketing dude. Is Excalibur ever going to use the Twinstrike stock and make a single shot hopefully with the HO limbs?
I’ve shot the Twinstrike and really like that stock the best out of all of them.

I know the REV X is similar in nature but it has that internal crank waiting on shouldering and shooting this one.

Questions about the REV X what type of maintenance is required on the new crank?

If maintenance needed can it be done by the owner or does it need to be resent back to Excalibur?

Also on the REV X do you need the decocking tool to decock the bow?

One final question can you buy the Rebolt quiver in camo?
I have seen this in camo and black on your bows and I have had several people ask if they can get these quivers in camo. I know I talked to Dawn when the rebolt first came out and she said at that at that time black only I figured since your in the marketing side this could be another option for us to buy separately.

Thanks for your response.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

1,600 clams for the Rev X?

Nice looking bow, and I like the features.

But at that price point I'll keep my Matrix 380 thanks...

Cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

The Suppressor Extreme looks like it replaces the Suppressor 400 TD which is no longer listed. It's largely the same just minus the take down and add the Ceasefire trigger. That should shave a little weight. It also comes in at a lower price point than it's predecessor.

I looks like the TD feature must not have been a big seller because there's only a single model left with it. I had no problems with the take down feature on either of the ones I owned, but the feature wasn't a necessity for me.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Here is the response to your questions Ohiobowhunter:

Not on here much but here’s some questions for the marketing dude. Is Excalibur ever going to use the Twinstrike stock and make a single shot hopefully with the HO limbs?

I don't know what the plans for a Twinstrike like stock on a single shot crossbow are but the new RevX stock is really nice and close to it. We have come up with a few new stock designs over the years and will continue to come up with new ideas. Try shouldering the RevX stock, I think you will like it.

Questions about the REV X what type of maintenance is required on the new crank?

The new crank is designed to be low maintenance, it uses a strap idea instead of a rope so its life will be considerably longer.

If maintenance needed can it be done by the owner or does it need to be resent back to Excalibur?

Due to the internal strap design any replacement or service of the strap system will need to be done by us or possibly dealers. We need too see how it goes, I think most owners will never need to replace the strap.

Also on the REV X do you need the decocking tool to decock the bow?

No, its similar to the existing Assassin models except the crank doesn't use a switch anymore. Slight pressure just needs to be added to the crank handle so the FDL switch can be pushed and then you just uncock it. It has a clutch type system so no hand strap is needed, its pretty slick.

One final question can you buy the Rebolt quiver in camo?

Unfortunately, the Rebolt quiver that is sold separately is only available in black just like our 4-arrow quiver. The problem with camo patterns is there are too many choices and managing quivers with multiple patterns is a total nightmare and not practical. We offered quivers with multiple patterns years ago and it didn't work. Most of the quivers we sell go with the crossbow packages, we don't sell many separately.

I hope this helps.

Peter
janesy

Post by janesy »

After playing with these bows for the past couple days.

Both bows are home runs. The Suppressor is now no BS are priced right. And the Rex-X platform has rendered the Assassin obsolete as it improves on the Assassin in every aspect.

Also, great Jon of keeping the secret!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

ATA Rev x review looks like a great bow.
I like the new crank system it looks really slick hopefully it is fool proof it would not be good to plan a hunt get their and have issues with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQpWzYG_W6Y
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I bought my micro in 2014 I believe l paid 800 bucks for it.
It's crazy where this has gone.
I'm not gonna buy a new bow simply because I'm happy with mine.
At least the excalibur is a quality bow ..my friends ravin was 3000 bucks and it's broken twice this season what a plastic piece of junk.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I shot and handled the REX X at ATA show in St Loius.
Love it!!
Light, great balance, excellent fit, ergonomic look and feel.

What I like best was the LOP for a taller guy. PERFECT. :thumbup:

Side note: very much disliked the very short toy like LOP on the new 24 10 PT 440 and 515 fps bows.
Forearm finger forearm cutout was uncomfortable as well on the new 10 PT as well.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family