Scope recommendations again....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Knight

Scope recommendations again....

Post by Knight »

Anybody using the Burris Oracle?? Looking at one and it's a nice concept but wondering if anyone has any real world experience.

So, I'm basically down to a Excal Overwatch or a Hawke XB. Or possibly the Oracle.

I looked at the Vortex Crossfire 2, but the reticle is too busy for my liking.

Just looking for me real world experience.

Micro 335.

Thanks,
IronNoggin

Re: Scope recommendations again....

Post by IronNoggin »

I am still very happy with the Hawke I put on my Matrix 380.

Here's the digs: https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73119
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Vortex scope that you looked through will have better glass than any Hawke or any crossbow company scope. The single biggest issue with it is that the light doesn’t dim down far enough for people who have any cataracts developing. Yes, the lines are very close together but the glass is extremely good for a scope in its price range. The way the Hawke spreads out their yardage numbers makes it a less busy looking recticle. The lack of lines makes the Overwatch less busy and it has less illuminated. The Oracle? I like my Excaliburs because of the KISS principle. Not only that but I’ve read where some have said that it is not a very bright scope.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

LEUPOLD! smaller, lighter, and much brighter than any others. Just get one and be done with it. Life is too short to complicate things. AND....the only warranty that may be better than Excalibur.(and the best part is you wont have to use it) The only down side to Leupold is that you will become very spoiled to quality optics.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My leupold crossbones scopes are my hands down favorite.
I shuuuda bought more l have one left in the box I'm savin it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
nannyhammer

Post by nannyhammer »

I changed to the Vortex Crossfire and the image is very clear although the reticle is pretty busy. My only complaint is that the center cross hair is set at 40yds instead of something shorter. Twenty or thirty would be a better distance in my opinion.
lituani

Post by lituani »

IronNoggin wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:58 pm
I am still very happy with the Hawke I put on my Matrix 380.
^^ THAT ^^ Liked my first Hawke XB so much got a second one. Very bright image, uncluttered, and illuminated. Trifecta.