Anyone have some deer season left?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Anyone have some deer season left?

Post by XB I GO »

We're down to the last week here. It is called Special Late Season and you can only shoot a doe or buck with unbranched antler. I had an opportunity for a big buck but I passed in hopes of an even bigger one. My loss, I have not got a deer this year for the first time in 13-years when I started hunting. There's a big spike hanging around, and another buck with on spike and one nice 4 or 5 point antler. There's also a lot of does this year - 4 to 10 together every time I sit in the stand. I guess we're going to fill the freezer. We decided between 4 of us, whoever gets the first 2 deer is it. We don't need more than that even though we have 3 tags each and could fill them all if we wanted to. Anyone else still looking for a deer?
Carnivorous

Re: Anyone have some deer season left?

Post by Carnivorous »

I wish our season wasn't over! Lol

Good luck with the hunt...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Where I hunt in Northern Virginia, the season is open 2/3 of the year. It's only closed May-August. The buck season ended the first weekend in January but we can keep doe hunting until the end of March with firearms (or archery if you choose). Then a late archery season comes back in to allow more doe hunting until 28 April.

Personally, I call it a season the week after Thanksgiving. Once all of the leaves fall, my hunting area becomes a ghost town. Deer movement becomes very limited and daytime movement even more so. The camera that I leave out all year only had two daytime deer photos between 15 November and the end of the year. That's not nearly enough to make me climb a mountain to hunt in the cold.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Mine closed today in Wisconsin.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string