What the heck is wrong with people today?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

What the heck is wrong with people today?

Post by Riflemanz »

My brother and I went to our hunting land to take down some stands and the first thing we see is a truck load of garbage dumped by some idiot! I called the police who responded in 5 minutes. I showed the officer the pile of crap and boxes with the address still on it. What kind of dope leaves the address on the boxes you’re dumping on someone’s land? He said he would drive to the address and find out who did it. I hope they fine them big time! There’s something wrong with people today! Drugs? Bad upbringing? I was really ticked off.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
papabear1

Re: What the heck is wrong with people today?

Post by papabear1 »

Drugs, Yep, Bad upbringing, Yep,
and downright laziness, and DISRESPECT. :thumbdown:

Dave :x :eusa-deadhorse: :eusa-deadhorse:
Last edited by papabear1 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Some people have a general lack of respect for others and feel the world revolves around them. I think being sentenced to pick up 10 tons of trash from private property and disposing of it properly on their own dime would be a valid punishment.

I like this farmers approach: https://youtu.be/kBrg2gNFFFc?si=rWbwUjE0vVUngZ0c
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

A good piece of Hickory will cure what ails them.... :think:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I have no compassion or sympathy for people who do this or steal. If caught I would be fine with removing several of their fingers or maybe even a hand.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:46 pm
Some people have a general lack of respect for others and feel the world revolves around them.
Word "respect" is not being even mentioned in the schools today, never mind elaborated.
There are all kinds of "rights" being studied though, big part of them unimaginable when I was at young age.
Well, I am far behind in so many things of today...
grouse

Post by grouse »

The property I own has about .4 of mile of gravel road forming the north border. The road is somewhat of a cut through, but the area is very rural with little traffic. Despite this, I make several trips a year along this stretch with my tractor to pick up fast food trash, beer cans and bottles, cigarette trash and many other things that people just throw out their windows as they drive along. I mow along part of this roadside and frequently have to stop the tractor to pick something up to avoid hitting it with the mower.

To some people, the world is their trash can.
artifact

Post by artifact »

I own road frontage property also, usually good for 1 contractors' bag of litter every year. Twice I found full garbage bags dumped on the property, I went through them and found addresses on multiple items which I then turned over to the Township, haven't found any full bags in quite a while, yea, some people are just plain stupid!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm
A good piece of Hickory will cure what ails them.... :think:
Problem is ya cain't do that these days :eh:

Dave :eusa-deadhorse:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

My metal only dumpster was filled with garbage and drywall. I went through it and found an address. Drove to his house and he went to dumpster and removed it. Said he had paid someone to take it to the dump in which they never did. It was a costomer of mine and why I did not phone police. :)
Boo

Post by Boo »

It’s purely lack of parental guidance. We are supposed to be the rock that corrects them and guides them. Too many parents expect schools to do what parents are meant to do. Too many parent are either too busy or too stinking lazy to infuse a moral compass in their children. All too often it is the authorities that correct a child’s misguided way. It’s a sad world needless to say. When my kids were young, “the cane” was always available but only used once when they were young. It seems that kids do not see roadblocks to their antics until they get older. Trouble is that instead of a cane, they see jail bars or judges.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:06 am
It’s purely lack of parental guidance. We are supposed to be the rock that corrects them and guides them. Too many parents expect schools to do what parents are meant to do. Too many parent are either too busy or too stinking lazy to infuse a moral compass in their children. All too often it is the authorities that correct a child’s misguided way. It’s a sad world needless to say. When my kids were young, “the cane” was always available but only used once when they were young. It seems that kids do not see roadblocks to their antics until they get older. Trouble is that instead of a cane, they see jail bars or judges.
Boo,
You hit the "nail on the head". We have several generations now that consisted of "Kids raising kids", and that just doesn't work.
Honestly, I blame my generation. It's our fault. Growing up in the 60's and 70's, we wanted our kids to "have it better than we did". What we failed to realize is that we had it pretty darn good!!
We wanted them to have "things" we never had. Not to "work" as hard as we did. They didn't have to 'earn" things, we just gave it to them.

Those kids grew up and had the generation where EVERYONE gets a trophy, no matter what you do!! Holy Hell!! Was that wrong or what? :wtf:
Thier kids could do no wrong. You couldn't correct them. Much less bust their tails when the needed it!!
I busted my granddaughter's tail when she was about 6 years old for cussing her grandmother! Child used words that would make a sailor blush!! I knew where she got it. Her Dad. :evil:
When the grandchild got home, she told her daddy what I had done, he sent me a text telling me to NEVER touch his child again or he would kick my ass and have me ARRESTED FOR CHILD ABUSE!! :eusa-naughty:
Needless to say, I called him and told him the following, "Son, don't ever text me or call me and threaten me again, cause I will gladly come to YOUR house and KILL you in your own living room, and think nothing of it".
He hung up on me.... :lol:
My wife was horrified that I had done that. I told her to hide and watch. :wink:

Evidently, he talked to other folks in the family. After that he came around me with his hat in his hands. He also answered me
with Yes Sir and No Sir.
I hunt with him these days, but he had to be taught respect. His dad was in and out of prison, and the mom run off with another man and he was raised by some kin of his dad's. He had NO discipline as a child growing up. I was NOT fond of him when my daughter drug him in with cats!!
16 years has passed since that little incident, today he's my favorite son-in-law. :lol: :lol:

Respect should always be given. However, in today's society, it is seldom given to anyone other than to self. Our moral compass broke decades ago.
Here in the USA, ours died when Ford allowed draft dodgers back in without any repercussions. Those same folks have become academia's tenured leaders who poison the minds of younger generations. And MY generation allowed that to happen.
So, you see, it's my fault. :roll:

Just the raving of an Old Fart from East Texas!! :eusa-popcorn:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:09 am
Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:06 am
Boo,
You hit the "nail on the head". We have several generations now that consisted of "Kids raising kids", and that just doesn't work.
Honestly, I blame my generation. It's our fault. Growing up in the 60's and 70's, we wanted our kids to "have it better than we did". What we failed to realize is that we had it pretty darn good!!
We wanted them to have "things" we never had. Not to "work" as hard as we did. They didn't have to 'earn" things, we just gave it to them.

Those kids grew up and had the generation where EVERYONE gets a trophy, no matter what you do!! Holy Hell!! Was that wrong or what? :wtf:
Thier kids could do no wrong. You couldn't correct them. Much less bust their tails when the needed it!!
I busted my granddaughter's tail when she was about 6 years old for cussing her grandmother! Child used words that would make a sailor blush!! I knew where she got it. Her Dad. :evil:
When the grandchild got home, she told her daddy what I had done, he sent me a text telling me to NEVER touch his child again or he would kick my ass and have me ARRESTED FOR CHILD ABUSE!! :eusa-naughty:
Needless to say, I called him and told him the following, "Son, don't ever text me or call me and threaten me again, cause I will gladly come to YOUR house and KILL you in your own living room, and think nothing of it".
He hung up on me.... :lol:
My wife was horrified that I had done that. I told her to hide and watch. :wink:

Evidently, he talked to other folks in the family. After that he came around me with his hat in his hands. He also answered me
with Yes Sir and No Sir.
I hunt with him these days, but he had to be taught respect. His dad was in and out of prison, and the mom run off with another man and he was raised by some kin of his dad's. He had NO discipline as a child growing up. I was NOT fond of him when my daughter drug him in with cats!!
16 years has passed since that little incident, today he's my favorite son-in-law. :lol: :lol:

Respect should always be given. However, in today's society, it is seldom given to anyone other than to self. Our moral compass broke decades ago.
Here in the USA, ours died when Ford allowed draft dodgers back in without any repercussions. Those same folks have become academia's tenured leaders who poison the minds of younger generations. And MY generation allowed that to happen.
So, you see, it's my fault. :roll:

Just the raving of an Old Fart from East Texas!! :eusa-popcorn:
Right there AJ, you're a man of my ilk! :thumbup: If you don't teach them young, you leave it for others to do it and sometimes, that teaching results in a lifetime of misery.
When my girls were 4 and 7 they got their one and only taste of corporal punishment. One day I walked into one of their rooms and everything and I mean everything, was tossed onto the floor. I told them to tidy up and I started to walk out. Then I heard the word "no". I turned around and said "what!". They both folded their arms and repeated "no"! I wasn't angry but I knew this was the turning point for them. BTW, it was illegal here to spank a child at that age :mrgreen: So I closed the door and told them I'm going to count to 10 and if they didn't start cleaning up they'd get a spanking. They said "no" again. :eusa-dance: I told the youngest one to close the door and stand facing the other which she did. I then dropped the pants on one and told the other to watch. They still thought this was a joke. I bent her over and gave her 10 moderately hard whack on the butt, enough to hurt but no welts or anything like that. They were terrified! I did the same to the other. They bawled their eyes out and cleaned up! The next time I told them to do something, they didn't respond right away I started to count and they ran and did it. But from that point on, when ever I need to start counting, they ran and giggled. A sensible amount of corporal punishment is much more of an education than a punishment and the sooner, the better. I have zero complaints about my kids and I'm a hard-azz. Now one holds a PHD in industrial engineering and does research in AI and the other is some kind of vert well paid boss in HR in a huge company. It wasn't always roses when they grew up but from what I saw, it was easier than what other parents had who never disciplined their children.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wisconsin, Democrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

We got booted from a farm a few years ago, someone kept driving in the crop fields and we got blamed, hope you don’t Steve.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!